Review: Anhydrous Customisable Skincare by Oil Perfect

Hey guys! I have something really new and also pretty unique to introduce to all of you today. It is something that I am kinda familiar with, yet again not so familiar with... hmm. Why do I say so?
Read on to find out! ^_^/~

In late July I received these new babies from Oil Perfect, a relatively new skincare company that makes anhydrous face oil that are natural, organic, with no preservatives, toxins, fillers, or synthetic chemicals.
The products they sent me are:
- Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil
- Softening Mist Toner
- Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum
- Velvet Touch Lip Balm

It isnot my first time using face oil products. I have been purchasing and using various organic pure facial oils for couple years or more. I usually use them as and when I feel like or when there's certain skin condition I need to take care of thus why I said that I'm not really a stranger to natural organic face oil.

Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil
That being said, it is actually my first time using a custom facial oil blend produced by a company (I usually do my own blend) and a Cleansing Oil made up of anhydrous oils.

So here we have this cleansing oil made with the ingredients like Organic Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Organic Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Organic Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Organic Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, and Organic Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil.

The bottle packaging is in amber plastic bottle with a pump type dispenser. The outlet is small so it dispenses little amount at a time.

The texture of the cleansing oil kind of reminds me of any other cleansing oil viscosity, semi thick and flowy. The scent is pretty natural, do not have any kind of strong fragrance to it. It is actually not quite the kind of scent I'll fancy but it ain't pungent that will make me turn away either.

This oil also totally reminds me of the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) that I often read from articles. OCM is usually a DIY blend of natural organic facial oils that is to be used for removing make up and as a facial cleanser. I have been a little skeptical about using purely just oil to cleanse my skin because I feel that it would leave skin surface with a layer of oil instead of the squeaky clean feel. However if it is to be used as a makeup remover, I'm all in as I love using cleansing oil to remove makeup.
How to use?
Shake the bottle before using.
As a makeup remover, I usually pump about 7 times or more on my dry hands. Spread the oil all over my face, gently massage and concentrate on areas like the eyes, mouth, nose, cheeks to make sure all traces of makeup are melted/lifted.
Then wet my hands with water and continue to massage my face so that the oil emulsifies and deeply cleanses the skin and removes the makeup and impurities.
As a facial cleanser, I pump about 2-3 times on my dry hands. Spread the oil all over my face, gently massage in circular motion. Then wet my hands with water to emulsify the oil and massage it all over the face again.

One point though, I am quite paranoid about using the cleansing oil to clean off makeup and not using any other facial cleanser to double cleanse after. Even though I was told to only use it once (because it has the power to not only remove makeup but can also cleanse the skin at same time), but I still use back the same cleansing oil to cleanse my skin again after the makeup has been removed. Basically a double cleanse with the same cleansing oil.. hahax..^-^"

After using Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil, I feel that it:
- is a little hard to blend out as it is quite thick
- emulsifies easily and also lathers up sometimes
- can melt some water resistance eye makeup
- cleanses really cleanly
- doesn't streak moisture away from my face at all
- softens my skin after cleansing
- leaves my skin a natural shine after cleansing
- leaves my skin feel a tad oily yet tacky (not the slimy/slippery oil feel)
- doesn't sting my eyes at all
- doesn't irritate my skin


Softening Mist Toner
The toner comes in a spray amble plastic bottle and it can be used as a toner or even as a finishing spray after makeup. The spray mechanism is a tad stiff and I pressed it, it spritz out in a burst. The mist is not very fine and it could only cover a small area thus I didn't use it directly on the face. (View video of the Softening Mist Toner on my IG)

The Softening Mist Toner is made with the ingredients like Organic Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate, Organic Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Flower Distillate therefore it is super lightweight with water-like consistency. The scent for this is very nice and i can recognise the rose smell. These mist toners are actually hydrosols, a distillate of essential oil and are condensate water of dissolved oil components thus they are very watery.
How to use?
Shake the bottle before using.
Spritz about 4 times onto hand (refrain from using cotton pad as it is a great waste of product) and carefully pat it all over the skin and allow it to absorb.

After using Softening Mist Toner, I feel that it:
- is very lightweight and watery just like most toner
- immediately softens and hydrates my skin
- relieves any kind of tightness feel on my skin instantly
- gets absorbed into the skin pretty quickly
- can also be used inbetween any skincare products too (eg, after serum or moisturiser) without the skin feeling heavy, sticky or oily

Overall, it feels great especially when used right after shower or after cleansing my face. I can immediately feel the hydration level goes up! And I super love that it feels like water too!
It was a pity though that the mist is not as fine as I thought so I couldn't aim properly onto my face with the spray bottle. Thus I skipped using it as a makeup finishing spray.


Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum
Next up in the list, the Face Oil Serum. Although it is named serum, but in fact it is to be used last in a skincare regimen, like a moisturiser.

This little bottle is packed with a punch, having most of the organic oil that are very good for acne-prone and oily skin type like Organic Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Organic Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Organic Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Extract, Organic Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Organic Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil and Organic Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil.


This time the product comes in a glass amber dropper bottle. The dropper is entirely sealed so I would need to twist it hard to break the seal. Once I broke the seal, I saw there were a little content already along the rim and on the thread area. I have to be extra careful when handling this bottle as it tend to leak out a little if I tilt the bottle.


The viscosity of the facial oil is like Rose Hip Oil. It smells more of tea tree oil but I can also recognise a few other scent like Rose Hip and Tamanu oil. It spreads out quite easily, maybe because it contains some lighter oil like Grape Seed oil for a smoother application.

After spreading and massaging it to my skin, my skin appears shiny/glossy.
How to use?
Dispense 2-3 drops of oil serum on hand (I use 2 drops in the day and 3 drops in the night). Spread in-between 2 palms to warm the oil serum up a little.
Lightly press the two palms onto face and then massage the oil into skin, avoiding eye area.

After using Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum, I feel that it:
- is a quite thick therefore it's easier to apply by pressing or tapping onto the skin rather than massaging
- instants softens skin, makes my skin feels like all the hydrating products used before the oil serum are immediately sealed in
- rejuvenates the skin
- feels oily and gives a high shine/gloss to my face
- does not interfere with my base makeup thus I see no cakiness or whatsoever even after many hours
- works better when used as the last step of the skincare regimen than using it before another moisturiser because the oil serum prevents skin from water-loss and overall provides better moisture to my skin
- could make my skin look really oily throughout the day (I need to tissue over my face to keep it looking less oily)


Velvet Touch Lip Balm
Last but not least, the lip balm!


The lipbalm packaging is in a squeeze tube packaging, can be used directly on the lips.
The scent of this lipbalm is like a mix of coconut, cocoa and peppermint and the ingredients explain why so. It contains many familiar oils like Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Organic Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil.

As you can see below, this lip balm moisturises and plumps my lips, minimising the appearance of the lip lines instantly.
How to use?
Squeeze out a tiny amount of lip balm and apply directly onto lip with the applicator. Lightly massage the content on the lips. Leave it to the next day.
For exfoliating purpose, squeeze out a little more amount of lip balm than usual and apply onto lip. Massage lip balm on the lip and leave it til the next day. Wet the lips and lightly rub off the lips with a damp cotton pad to exfoliate the dead skin from the lips.

After using Velvet Touch Lip Balm, I feel that it:
- instantly plumps the lips with its minty ingredient
- moisturises my lips well and prevent lips from cracking or drying
- is able to lift up dead skin after leaving the lip balm on my lips overnight
- can be used prior to applying lipstick if applied in a tiny amount
- act as a lip mask if applied in a thicker layer


Before & After
I used the three skincare products Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil, Softening Mist Toner and Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum over a course of about 5 weeks.
Trying out the skincare in a couple of ways to see what kind of regimen suits me the best.
I have finally came to a conclusion of using the products as so.
Day time: Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil → Softening Mist Toner → Hydrating Serum  → Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum
Night time: Makeup Remover  → Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil → Softening Mist Toner → Hydrating Serum  → Anti-Aging Serum  → Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum


Most times I used Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil as a makeup remover as well as a face cleanser when I have light or no makeup (no waterproof makeup). If I have a full makeup on, I will use another makeup remover to thoroughly remove the makeup first before I use Palmarosa Perfect Cleansing Oil to thoroughly cleanse my skin again.

And for quite awhile, I tried using Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum as a serum, underneath another moisturiser that I'd been using. Then I decided to switch the Face Oil Serum to be the last step of the regimen that is, as a moisturiser. It worked better as the last step so I sticked to it this way til the end.

So during the trial and error period, there was actually a kind of skin purging process taking place as well. While the products are meant for acne-prone and oily skin type, it could also make the skin purge by producing inflammation and pimples. After which, all subsided and the skin began to heal up. Purging process usually are short, takes about a week or so.

So the following are all the before after photos after using the products for a month.

Forehead
I have multiple stubborn black heads that are kinda deep inside the skin thus there are always marks on my skin. Marks aside, do observe my skin texture in all the photos. As time goes by, I find that my skin feels smoother and smoother when I run my fingers along my face. It appears that the bumpy skin looks less bumpy now.

The skin texture also looks slighty more even.

Some of the old marks did get lighter as well.

Nose
One very obvious difference that I really love is the bumpy skin or those clogged enclosed pores along the nose bridge and near eyes area have become less bumpy and smoother!
On the first week of using the products there was also an inflammation that popped out but subsided quickly without any trace.
Above pic shows my nose with more fine pores.

Cheeks
Another very big difference after using the products is the skin hydration level. The difference is pretty great that even photos show!
Previously I love using facial soap and high water skincare content to control my acne and to replenish skin moisture. But little do I know the more water I use, the drier my skin may become because without oil, the water could evaporate from my skin. Although my skin is oily-combi type but as I age, my skin surface became dehydrated thus it has became a complex problem to resolve. But with the oil serum and the other skincare products from Oil Perfect, it has helped in the oil-water balance in my skin thus boosting the hydration level and preventing water-loss.
Initially there were long lines on every pores especially along the nasolabial folds. My skin also often feels tight. After a few weeks, the skin feels more hydrated thus minimising the fine lines and returning the pores to its original round shape.

Chin
The fine lines are shorter, the skin smoother and the marks lesser.

Now I just can't stop using these products. I have also finished the whole bottle of cleansing oil. I'm really missing that skin softening and hydrating effect after face cleansing.
I also wana try the other products from Oil Perfect especially those customised ones. Although Perfect Balance Face Oil Serum is good for my type of skin, but I also would like to try something slightly lighter so it wouldn't look oily or shiny on my skin after use.
I wished there was a eye product that I could also use because the whole face was so hydrated that my undereyes looked VERY dry (wrinkles and what not) in compare to my face. Even more so obvious when I have my makeup on! lolx~

Last but not least, a Thank You pic to Oil Perfect Skincare!


Link
Oil Perfect Skincare Instagram
Oil Perfect Skincare FB Page
Oil Perfect Skincare Twitter

Where to buy?
www.oilperfect.com

Quote
Type Code FRIENDS in checkout to enjoy 20% off til 15 Sep 2019!

Comments