Review: Eau Thermale Avène Very High Protection Fluid SPF50+

Lately, it has been really hot in Singapore and as everyone knows, it's getting hotter and hotter every minute and every second.
There isn't a day that I'll go out without a sunblock.
For the past months, I have been using a sunblock from Eau Thermale Avène. It was a relatively new sunblock that has very high protection of SPF50+ protecting me from both UVA and UVB.

Avène Suncare also respects the marine environment as it does not contain silicones for a biodegradable formula and no water-soluble filters thus it is not harmful for fishes and corals.
With this, I feel that at least I have a peace of mind when using Avene products. ^_^

Packaging
On the box packaging, it indicates that the product is formulated to minimise risks of allergic reactions and it is non-comedogenic.

Expiry date is stamped on the bottom of the box.

Swatch
When swatched on the back of my (pretty dry) hands, the fluid really feels dry to touch, almost weightless, non-oily and non-sticky. It does not have much scent too which I really love because I'm pretty sensitive to fragrances. Although I could take any kind of scent be it nice smelling or not but I prefer to use fragrance-free products so I do not have to stop breathing when I apply suncare/ cosmetics on my skin. For this fluid, it is actually indicated as fragrance-free.
When swatched on my face, it feels exactly the same as it felt on my hands too even though I have combi-oily skin.

Review
When I spread the fluid on my face, I tend to sometimes not able to spread it evenly causing some parts looking a little whitish because the fluid is not watery and feels a little like cream. However, it generally does not have white cast at all after application in compare to the other sunblock I have.


Before & After
After having the sunblock on my face for at least 6 hours, here is how my skin looks like with both sunblock. I have also tested Avene Fluid SPF50+ for many times under many different circumstances like with makeup, under hot weather, in air-conditioned room etc. And so, here's my verdict...
When using Avène Very High Protection Fluid SPF50+, I feel that it:
- has a thicker consistency than most fluid suncare
- spreads on my face easily but could leave some areas not blended out evenly
- gives my skin a semi-matte finish right after application
- is not really as ultra weightless as it was mentioned because I could feel that it is a little thick/creamy on my oily-combi skin
- can combine with my natural sebum and turn into a rather thick layer of oil on my skin surface
- tends to make my makeup float on top of it and make it look quite cakey
- protects my skin from the sun pretty well as I do not have any sunburn, darkened skin nor pigmentation when exposed to sun for long hours
- does not cause any irritation to my skin
- can also be used on decolletage and body
In general, I think the fluid is probably better for people with normal skin than to combi-oily skin as I find that it kind of messes up my makeup. I have tried applying different types of base makeup with this sunblock fluid but the results are always the same.
However, I like to use this sunblock when I am not putting on any makeup as I feel that I'm receiving total protection when using it. I feel more secure using this sunblock than any others although it makes my skin look oily after sometime.

At the Avene #MySunMate event, I found out that these two suncare feels more suitable for my skin type.
They are Tinted Cream SPF50+ and Cream Fragrance Free SPF50+. They are both cream and are suitable for dry/aging + sensitive skin yes, but I do have aging skin too on top of the combi skin type. I require products that could provide me hydration as well.
If you have dry skin type or condition, do try these two suncare products. They feel really hydrating! ^o^

Overall, I'm really getting more and more into Avène products. One thing I like is they are all for sensitive skin, fragrance-free, has the best packaging (I'm talking about dispensing product like this) and now they respect the ocean. I'm also glad that I could grab their items easily at almost everywhere in Singapore!

Link
Avene FB Page
Avene Instagram

Where to buy?
Watsons Singapore
Guardian Singapore

Comments

  1. Very good info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will consider what you said~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment