Event: My Experience At Philatelic Store @ GPO (SingPost Centre)

Omy, can't believe that it's already coming to December! /(*0*)\~
Back in mid November, I was stilling viewing the Christmas setup in the Philatelic Store @ GPO and thinking that it was kinda early to get Christmas greeting cards but well, who knew the month of December came so quickly!
Anyhoo~ as most Singaporeans already knew, Singpost Centre has been revamped and officially opened in October. Of course, what's Singpost Centre without the General Post Office eh? Apart from the GPO, the mall also houses a Philatelic Store which sits just right beside it, or rather, in the heart of the General Post Office. Prior to attending the event, I had went to GPO to mail my letters and saw this beautiful Philatelic Store but sadly I didn't had much time to check it out then. Hence I was happy that SampleStore gave me the chance to visit as well as to learn more about the stuffs that the store carries.

So now, let's see what Philatelic Store have in-store for us for this festive season!~

At the side of the entrance of Philatelic Store, there is a photo gallery telling the stories of the GPO at old Fullerton Building along with displays of the original handstamps and ink pads artefacts. So interesting~

Tour inside Philatelic Store @ GPO
I have compiled a video of the things that the store displays/ sells. Click to play the video~ ^,^
Philatelic Store offers a comprehensive range of Singapore & Foreign Stamps, Thematic MyStamp, Souvenirs, and Philatelic Gifts that are available exclusively in-store. Every item in the store marks a special moment in Singapore’s history.
The commemorative value and exquisite designs of the collections make them perfect for all occasions – as business gifts, or as cherished inclusions in every philatelist’s personal collection. 

Within the store, one can find many items to purchase such as National Stamp, like the (Merlion) “Greetings” Stamp which consists of Mint Stamps, First Day Cover (available from 15 November 2017), Postcards, and Annual Collection 2017. Prices of these stamps start from SGD$1.60 onwards.

There are also Festive Gift with philately designs in a range of SGD$5 - $10. This envelope is one that I would consider buying~ The design is so nostalgic and it can hold up to A4 size items. It would be lovely to gift someone this to store stationery and what not. On every purchase, a free festive gift wrapper will be given too (while stocks last)!

The store has also just launched not long ago the Thematic MyStamp with the Changi Mystical Garden with Sanrio Characters theme. It is a stamp folder and comes with a lanyard, retailing at SGD$21.80. This came just in time for Christmas! I bet those who love characters like Hello Kitty, Gudetama, My Melody, Little TwinStars, Pompompurin would love this MyStamp folder. ^^

There are also Premium Gifts, like the Local Delights Collection. The collection consists of Traditional Biscuits Magnets Set & Greeting Cards and Local Delights Tea Towel with MyStamp Sheet & Greeting Cards and they retail from SGD$8.90 onwards. This, would be another great gift idea for friends who love these local delights since young!

Dropping My Postcard at the Special Colonial Red Pillar Posting Box
At the Philatelic Store, a colonial-era red pillar posting box which is operated and owned by Singapore Post, has been restored and mail dropped into this posting box will be postmarked with a special date stamp in red ink.
But of course, the one you see here is for display only. The actual one is located just beside the entrance of the store. A video of me mailing a postcard to myself by dropping it into the red pillar posting box is shown later in this post. (so, scroll down to watch it! ^_^)/~

The Philatelic Store @ GPO Exclusives had to be my favourite series as they feature the iconic Posting Boxes of Singapore on items such as Pouch, Tote Bag, Cushion Cover & Tea Towel. They retail from SGD$5 onwards.

The following shows part of my purchase - the (Merlion) "Greeting" Stamps and one of the Posting Boxes of Singapore Collection postcard. I wrote on the postcard, affixed the stamp and mailed it to myself.

Philatelic Store @ GPO Exclusives also includes the SingPost Postman and Postwoman Mini Figurines Collection. They retail at SGD$28 each & $50 for set of 2. Look how cute they are when placed beside the miniature posting boxes!  >∇<)
I did a "silly" mini comic with the figurines! Enjoy~ ^,^


And so finally, my postcard is sent out via this colonial-era red pillar Posting Box. I so love this postbox..It's so beautiful! ♥♥♥

Here's a video of me mailing out the postcard and receiving it. It was kinda fun (& a little silly at the same time lolx~).
Do check out the special red ink date stamp! I shall try mailing letters through this Posting Box in future. hehex~

In the Philatelic Store, I chanced upon this board..You might want to take part in this contest the next time you visit the store! ^,^

Dinner Time!
At the event, we were fed with nice food, catered by Brunches Café.
I heard about Brunches Cafe but had yet to visit them. It's the latest Chic Vintage Themed Bakery/Café along Rangoon Road (in the Neighbourhood of Farrer Park MRT).
The cafe serves All-day Breakfast Menu, Gourmet Sandwiches, Waffles, Coffee, Tea and other Beverages to the funky café-goers. By looking at the photos, I really think I should plan one day to go down there with friends, enjoy the food and admire all the vintage furniture and decor. As some of you might had known, Chic and Vintage is my kind of style hehex~ ^,^
Photo credits to Brunches Café

My Purchases and Complimentary Gifts from Philatelic Store
- Red Pillar Posting Box Tote Bag
- Posting Boxes Postcards Set (less the Red Pillar Postcard becos it hadn't arrived when I took this pic hahax~)
- Philatelic Store @ GPO Christmas Cookies

One of the most beautiful postcard from the Posting Boxes postcard set... HOLOGRAM!~~~ ()

Photos of me hugging my favourite Red Pillar. lolx!~

Hello Smiley Cookie Man. ^_,^

Where?
Philatelic Store @ GPO
SingPost Centre, General Post Office #01-127 to 128 (It's easy to find, just follow the signage in the mall ^^)

Links

Comments