Review: Norel® Dr Wilsz High Performance Cocktail Facial Treatment @ Annabelle Skin

It's been awhile since I've had a facial treatment. The last facial treatment I did was in late last year.
At around late August, I went for another facial treatment namely the Norel® High Performance Cocktail Treatment, which was done at the same beauty salon.

Below shows the 7 pipette bottles of precious cocktails provided by Annabelle Skin after the treatment. Scroll down further to view more about the treatment process and before after photos of my skin~ ^_^
About NOREL Dr Wilsz
NOREL Dr Wilsz, established in 1961 by pharmacists under Cosmetics Laboratory, is one of the oldest and most reputable cosmetic companies in Poland and Central Europe.
Cosmetics Laboratory, under the helm of its founder, Anna Makowska, had its humble beginnings in producing and supplying facial creams to pharmacies across Poland. Its signature facial cream saw lines forming outside pharmacies as women scrambled to get their hands on the holy grail of skincare.
Founder Makowska later proposed the handover of Cosmetics Laboratory to expert and biologist, Dr Krystyna Wilsz, whom she valued for her great passion and knowledge in the field of cosmeceutical research and development.
Dr Wilsz renamed the company to NOREL Dr Wilsz Cosmetics Laboratory and continued the good work of Makowska, developing the brand by introducing new innovation to its original formulations.
As a producer of Polish cosmetics, NOREL Dr Wilsz also infuses a range of raw materials of Polish origins in its formulations. Currently, the brand is the only company in Poland that uses Polish Peat Mud in the cosmetic production of its ready-to-use masks.


The moment I reached Annabelle Skin, I noticed the exterior and interior has changed! It's much more brighter and vibrant now~

As usual, before every facial treatment there's a skin consultation conducted by Annabelle Skin’s therapist. I'm always very excited when comes to consultation session because I really love to know how my skin condition is like and what's underneath it, as well as what could have caused my skin to be in that condition. It's really interesting to see the microscopic view of my skin and to listen to the therapist explaining about my skin issues.

Though my skin looks so much better than the 2 previous times (links at bottom of this post) I visited the beauty salon, under the microscope it still look pretty oily.
This pic shows my skin looking oily and shiny yet dehydrated.

Normal pore size and skin should show triangular lines extended out from the pores looking relatively visible under the microscope. For my skin, there are some areas where the lines are very fine (1st row left column) and some areas looking like normal skin, almost at its best condition (1st row right column).
The next row shows a closeup view of the side of my nose where pores are very visible in yellow-orange dots and visible red veins running across.
Above pic in the center shows a rather large clogged pore on my cheek which I always like to pick (*sweat* I have itchy fingers! ^_^"). With this microscopic view, the therapist knew that I had been squeezing black/white heads on my own because the surrounding skin looked inflamed with clogged pore underneath.

So after the consultation, the therapist recommended my skin to go for the Norel® High Performance Cocktail Facial using Polish healing mud and treatment cocktails to correct my skin imperfections.


Before
Here are my Before facial photos. The issues I'm facing are:
- Uneven skin tone mainly my forehead looks darker/tan than the rest of my face
- Dehydrated yet oily forehead (thus very reflective)
- relatively large pores
- oily T-zone
- clogged pores on nose, sides of nose, cheeks
- a few clogged pores that are underneath the skin which I could not get rid of at all, particularly one on the tip of my nose (not visible) and another on my right cheek (visible)
- spider veins on corner of my nose
- under eye dark circles
- pimple/ acne scars (this time round is rather little and looks lighter than before)
- loose skin on face and neck

Cleansing / tone
- Hyaluron Plus- Hyaluronic Cleansing Milk used undiluted on face, emulsified and cleansed
- Hyaluron Plus- Hyaluronic Moisturizing Tonic soaked into cotton pad and cleansed

Exfoliation
- Enzymatic Peeling containing Bromelain & papain enzymes, was generously applied on my face and neck, left on for 10 min and then removed. The enzymes create keratolytic activity to break down the bonds between cells in the horny layer, leaving the skin smooth and lighter.

The following is an extra step. There was some extraction done on my closed comedones/ clogged pores. The major closed comedones were on my nose and on my right cheek. Thus in the following photos, you will see spots of redness on those areas. Thereafter, the therapist ran a electrode over my skin to kill bacteria and calmed inflamed skin.

Preparation Mask
- Peat Mud Mask (Anti-ageing) containing the ingredients Polish Peat Mud, Evening Primrose and Grape Seed oil, Vitamin E. The mask was applied on a gauze moistened with water for 10 min. It helps in detoxify, de-stress, regenerates, stimulate micro-circulation and boosts oxygen.

Preparatory Intensive care
- Moisturizing Cocktail with hyaluronic acid and trehalose effectively binds and retain moisture in the skin for a long time, eliminate skin roughness and dryness

Eye Massage
- Anti stress– Soothing & Moisturizing Eye Emulsion containing white tea, vitamin C, aralia, licorice ingredients was applied generously on eye area and massaged for 10 min. It keeps the delicate skin around eye area firm & elastic and eliminates irritations and signs of fatigue.

Massage
- Skin Care– Face Massage cream with Coenzyme Q10, also containing Vitamin A & E, Allantoin was massaged onto my skin for 10-15 min. It helps to regenerate the skin and replenish oxygen, keeping the skin firmer.

Intensive care
- Energizing Cocktail with Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins together with Wrinkle correction cocktail containing amino peptides were applied generously on my face and neck, massaged till they were fully absorbed.
The Wrinkle Correction Cocktail was targeted on my forehead as it helps to smooth out wrinkles and furrows.

Cream Mask
- Relaxing & Regenerating White Tea Mask consists of white tea, liquorice, hamamelis was applied generously on my face and neck. It helps replenish moisture and lipids, smoothen the skin. It is an anti-ageing mask for even sensitive and easily irritated skin.

Peel Off Mask
- Peel off Algae Mask, an Alginate Peel Off Mask was applied to increase hydration, firming and help cools down the skin after all the treatment above.

Finishing Care
- Hyaluron 3%- Intensive moisturizing gel serum was applied on my face. It forms a ‘wet poultice’ on the skin to prevent moisture loss.
- Hyaluron Plus– Hyaluronic Cream was then applied on top of the gel serum. It ensures proper skin tone and elasticity & creates a delicate protective film.

Below shows all the products that were used for the High Performance Cocktail Facial Treatment.

After
Following was taken right after the facial treatment.
My forehead look a little bit lighter/fairer than before. Skin feels very hydrated, smoother and slightly firm. Even though the skin surface might look a little shiny, I did not feel that it's oily or greasy. My skin started to produce sebum only after about an hour or so.

Overall, my skin looked fairer and brighter which was a big plus point. However as there were a few deep extractions done on my face as I was frustrated with the stubborn close comedones (see tip of nose and right cheek) thus there's a slight downtime to my treatment. I had to wait for at least a day before the redness from the extracted areas subsides.
During the consultation, I was told that there would be enzyme peeling at the beginning of the treatment. To be frank, I was a tiny worried about the peel as I've got a sensitive patch (around the right side of my mouth) which could flare up due to certain ingredients or acids. It was also my first time trying Norel products and by hearing that they would apply and remove a few types of masks from my face, I thought it might somehow aggravate my skin? Even though I thought about all these, I was still willing to go ahead with the treatment because I believe in Annabelle Skin. After a couple experiences with Annabelle Skin, I learnt that they have good knowledge of skincare ingredients and most importantly, skin itself. They knew what my skin could or could not use based on looking at my skin in person, the microscopic images of my skin and underneath the skin surface plus my explanation of my skin issues and skincare routine. All these factors made me trust them to use the products that are best for my skin. True enough, after the treatment and a few days after, I totally did not experience any skin sensitivity. My face only felt more rejuvenated, hydrated and smoother.


After the facial, I was given a range of mini cocktails to bring home for after treatment use. One pipette bottle could be used for about 7 days.
The Precious Cocktails Set includes the following:
- Wrinkle Correction Cocktail with Amino Peptides
For all types of mature skin over the age of 45. Boost stimulation of collagen, elastin and GAG through result-proven peptides (SYN®COLL and SYN®TACKS). This wrinkle correction cocktail firms, hydrates and rejuvenates dull, wrinkled skin by adding moisture and strengthening skin’s intercellular communications. Renewed skin feels more compact and healthy-looking.

- Energizing Cocktail with Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins
For tired skin with signs of aging and devoid of freshness and radiance. This cocktail is enriched with Vitamins A, B, C and E, and helps to renew and strengthen troubled skin that faces premature aging. It supports collagen synthesis and offers an illuminated, radiant glow to tired-looking skin.

- Cocktail for Couperose Skin with Vitamin C and Rutin
For couperose skin and skin in the early phase of rosacea
This product is largely beneficial for suppressing inflammation and reducing spider veins, redness and swelling, which may lead to pigmentation in the long run. Capillaries are strengthened and skin is protected from free radicals and characteristic changes due to UV exposure. Overall, it aims to moisturise, regenerate and lighten skin for a youthful, healthy complexion.

- Cocktail for Acne Skin with Birch and Willow Bark Extracts
For oily, seborrhoeic and acne skin. The absolute solution to problematic, oily and acne-prone skin, this product contains natural plant extracts and repairs skin with a smoothing effect. Not only does this product help to control bacteria, it also reduces sebum and blackheads. Highly recommended for healing pustules, refining enlarged pores and lightening post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Whitening Cocktail with Tetrapeptide-30 and Melavoid™
For complexions with discolouration from post-acne that arises with age, excessive sunbathing
or hormonal changes. Infused with “intelligent depigmentation” ingredient Melavoid™, this Whitening Cocktail works on pigmentation on both superficial and deeper skin layers. Tetrapeptide-30, on the other hand, blocks melanocyte activation and corrects yellowish skin tone within weeks! Together with Vitamin C and white mulberry, this cocktail essentially inhibits the build-up of pigmentation on the outer layer of the skin. It delivers glowing, uniform-toned complexion by lightening hyperpigmentation and reducing both the intensity of pigments and numbers of spots on the skin.
- Moisturizing Cocktail with Hyaluronic Acid and Trehalose
For all types of skin, especially dry and dehydrated skin. Designed to combat dry skin, or for those in air-conditioned environments for extended periods of time, this moisturising cocktail eliminates roughness, prevents skin irritations and reduces superficial winkles. Moisture is retained optimally and skin is left feeling soft and smooth.

- Cocktail for Rosacea Skin with Vitamin PP and Mimosa Extract
For couperose skin and skin in the first and second phase of rosacea. Incorporated with natural flower extracts, this cocktail serum aids in reducing inflammation, swelling, flushing and redness of skin. It also provides relief to hot and burning skin by calming and replenishing moisture. This is also suitable for those suffering from rosacea due to hormonal changes during ageing. Over time, the cocktail helps to lighten the visibility of redness on the skin.

Here shows about half a pump of each cocktail mixed together.



After 1 Day
After the treatment, I started using Wrinkle correction + Whitening Cocktail on my forehead and Moisturising Cocktail on the rest of my face. 

Then I dotted Cocktail for Acne skin (at times adding half a pump of Cocktail for Rosacea Skin) onto the areas that are inflamed. Next, I used Cocktail for Couperose skin around the corners of my nose as there are many visible spider veins. Do not be surprised that I used almost all of the cocktails on my skin. I usually only use 1 pump (sometimes half pump) of each cocktail by fully pressing the rubber tip and that was enough for my skin. The technique here is to wet my face with toner (I used spa water) so that when I apply the cocktail, it goes on smoothly and spreads out all over my face easily. And because the cocktails get absorbed into the skin super quickly, I could layer another cocktail on  with no issue.
Notice the small red round patch on the right side (your left) of tip of my nose? I'm happy to announce that the stubborn bugger (large white head hidden underneath the skin surface) was finally gone and never came back! ^o^/*(throws confetti) Thanks to the therapist who did a great job in extracting it!

After 4 Days
For the next few days after the facial treatment, my skin felt ultra hydrated and ultra smooth, probably also because of the cocktails that I applied religiously onto my skin. Though I still have a few inflammations in the process of healing, my skin overall felt a lot more brighter, radiant and moisturised. For my forehead, the dark tan shade and high shine diminished a little after I applied Whitening Cocktail on the area every night and Moisturising Cocktail both day and night.

As you can see, the large pores started to tighten up making my skin texture more smoother and firmer. I applied Wrinkle Correction Cocktail mainly on my nasolabial folds, cheeks, jaw and neck area where 'excess' skin or sagging skin would usually appear at.


After 6 Days
After nearly a week, a rather big difference showed on my forehead. The shine's gone which means  the skin surface is more hydrated thus less sebum production. The skin tone also appeared more even.

Now compare the following photos with the previous ones, my pores had gotten so much smaller, making my skin firmer. The spider veins (broken veins caused by my constant black/white head squeezing since young) on the corner of my nose are still visible as they are one of the harder issues that require continuous effort and time to treat. I used Cocktail for Couperose skin on corner of my nose and on the nasolabial area. Sometimes I swapped to using Cocktail for Rosacea skin on the same area. Both of them helped to reduce the appearance of skin redness. Inflammations had subsided after using the Cocktail for Acne. During day time, I applied Energizing cocktail to combat my tired looking skin and I also lightly spread it across my undereyes in hope that my dark circles could lighten a little. Skin has since appeared more radiant and clear! ^_^

Price
Norel High Performance Cocktail Treatment (90mins) S$178
Energizing Cocktail with Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins S$89
Moisturizing Cocktail with Hyaluronic Acid and Trehalose S$89
Cocktail for Couperose Skin with Vitamin C and Rutin S$89
Cocktail for Acne Skin with Birch and Willow Bark Extracts S$89
Cocktail for Rosacea Skin with Vitamin PP and Mimosa Extract S$89
Whitening Cocktail with Tetrapeptide-30 and Melavoid™ S$98
Wrinkle Correction Cocktail with Amino Peptides S$98

Where?
NOREL Dr Wilsz products and treatments are available exclusively at:
Annabelle Skin
1 Coleman Street, #02-42 The Adelphi, (S) 179803
Tel: 63368975

Beauty Skin
150 Orchard Road, #03-51 Orchard Plaza, (S) 238841
Tel: 98001003

Stella Beauty Care
Blk 551, Bedok North Street 1, #01-544, (S) 460551
Tel: 62411266

Wilis Beauty House
50 East Coast Road, #02-106 Roxy Square, (S) 428769
Tel: 63456230

Link
Annabelleskin.com

Comments