Review: Althea x Titi Kamal Body Sparkling Mist & Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser

Some of you might have already know that Althea has a new fragrance and it was a collaboration with Titi Kamal, a talented movie star and singer from Jakarta, Indonesia. This is actually Althea's first celebrity collaboration and this fragrance is named Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist.
In this box that I received, there is also another relatively new item which is the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser.


Althea x Titi Kamal Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist
Stay Fresh mist is a lightweight body fragrance with Titi Kamal's favourite fruity and floral scents: Orange, Peach, and Rose.
The combination of these beautiful scents will give you that fresh feeling you need to seize the day.

Packaging
This mist is 100ml which could last me at least a couple months if I use it everyday or every other day. There is also expiry date printed at the bottom of this bottle (not shown) which is cool!
Korean words printed on the packaging which I'm unable to translate.. ^,^" It is designed & made in Korea.
Product weighs quite a bit as it has liquid in it, thus it stands firm on a surface without toppling over easily.

A seal to guarantee product freshness and it has a 30 day unconditional returns policy.

Product is sized to fit in our hand nicely. The nozzle head is also sized large enough for a finger to neatly rest on.

Below shows how the fragrance is being dispensed out from the spray nozzle.
As you can see, it took sometime for me to press down the nozzle head as it is somehow too large for my skinny left (non-dominant) finger and the mechanism inside is pretty stiff. Even though it feels good when I rest my finger on it but it requires more than usual force to push it down.
The spray from the nozzle comes out in a pretty wide angle thus covering a rather big area when used it on the body or clothing.

Review
After using the Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist, I feel it:
- has a rather cooling sensation on my skin
- does not smell as strong or has any alcohol scent like the usual perfumes or colognes
- smells slightly sweet, very fruity, a little zesty and has a rosy floral note
- stays well for at least half a day
- becomes very subtle after a whole day, almost can't smell it on my skin
- however lingers on my clothing and although subtle, the scent is still pretty noticeable
- smells very refreshing as if I just came out of bath
I have already used this for sometime now. I like that it is not really that pungent in compare to many other body fragrances or perfume, especially when I can immediately sniff it in right after I spritz it. I do not need to wait and let the fragrance to 'sit' on my skin before smelling the scent on my body (you know what I'm saying yah?~ ^,^).



Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser
Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser helps extract dirt from inside the pores and to maintain a healthy pH balance of the skin.
Designed and made in Korea, this cleanser combines the powers of a cleanser and serum to remove makeup, dirt, and oil with mint extracts while ensuring the skin stays cool and hydrated throughout.
The cleanser consists of a dual moisture cell system that envelopes the skin in a serum-like formula. It prevents the skin from drying out and effectively minimizes enlarged pores, keeping it smooth to the touch.

Packaging
This Serum Cleanser totally reminds me of its counterpart, Milk Peel Cream Mask because of the packaging colour. Although colour is slightly off from the mask, but it's still generally 2 tone which makes the product look refreshing, clean and pure. This cleanser comes in a simple pour type bottle.
Once again, all the descriptions are in Korean which I'm unable to translate. ^,^"

It has expiry date stamped at the bottom of the bottle.

Ingredients
Water, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Hydroxyacetophenone, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance
Although I can't translate but I managed to get the full ingredients list from Althea's site.

How to use?
To remove makeup:
Step 1: Pour an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Massage the product all over your skin in circular motions to remove dirt and makeup.
Step 3: Rinse off the residue with water. You may also use a second cleanser to completely remove any residue.

To cleanse the skin:
Step 1: Dampen the skin and apply an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Gently massage the product all over your skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing it off with water.

Swatch
In the following video, I poured out an adequate amount and spread it around on my palm. Then, add a little water to see if it emulsify (it didn't). Hence to say, it REALLY feels like a serum than like a cleanser.

Here's a pic of my bare skin vs the serum cleanser swatch on my skin. Since it is transparent, it is rather hard to see that I have had the serum cleanser on my face. I kept thinking that it will emulsify or lather up like a cleanser would but it doesn't at all. It still stays the same even after I add water to it or massaged it on my skin for sometime.

Review
After using the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser for few days, I feel that it:
- has almost no scent at all
- feels lightweight, has water-like consistency
- has a tad minty cooling effect only at the start, this feeling doesn't stay long or linger on the skin
- is very gentle on my skin
- takes quite a while to get it rinsed or washed off with water
- leaves my skin feeling smooth, supple and refreshing
- leaves a tad slippery yet somewhat oily feel on the skin surface (maybe that is why I feel that it takes quite sometime to be rinsed off?)
- doesn't cause any allergy on my skin
- however gets my skin feeling a tad taut after rinsing
- makes my skin feel overall clean and fresh yet not overly dry or tight on the surface
Frankly speaking, I've only used it to cleanse my skin without makeup on. I'm not used to using non-emulsifying oil cleanser to remove makeup as I feel that it may not be able to remove my waterproof and smudgeproof makeup. Thus for my review, it is only based on how I feel after using it to cleanse off overnight skincare from my face.
After using it for a week plus, I realised my skin starts to have tiny inflammations on various spots. Although it wasn't much but that was what I noticed. Perhaps it was the jojoba seed oil in the ingredients which could have clogged my pores. I know jojoba seed oil has a low likelihood of clogging pores but may still do so after prolong use.
I guess I could only try to use this every other day or lesser when I want my skin to feel smooth, hydrated and not tight. The good thing about this cleanser is that my dehydrated skin surface after rinsing, only starts to feel taut after few minutes and not right away. It is unlike many other cleansers which they would leave my skin feeling silky smooth but very tight at the same time.
This has to be the most special serum (but also feels a little like oil) type of facial cleanser I've ever used.
It would have been great if all the ingredients in there are non-comedogenic. This product is probably great for dry, sensitive to normal skin.
[My skin type is oily-combi with dehydrated skin surface due to aging.]


Where to buy?
Althea x Titi Kamal Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist
Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser

Links
Althea Website
Althea FB Page
Althea Instagram

Comments