Unboxing, Swatches & Review: Althea 2019 Lunar New Year Makeup Box

In early Feb, I received a box of makeup items from Althea once again! Now let us start~ ^_^

Look at how beautiful all these are! ~^,^~

Here are the items received in the cute little hanbok design box: (L-R)
- Althea Skin Relief Spot Film Gel
- Althea Watercolor Cream Tint #01 Plum Cream
- Althea Watercolor Cream Tint #02 Strawberry Cream
- Althea Watercolor Cream Tint #03 Peach Cream
- Althea Watercolor Cream Tint #04 Marron Cream
- Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer #Vanilla
- Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer #Ginger
- Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer #Honey
- Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer #Mocha
- Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter #01 Gold Light
- Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter #02 Pink Light
- bcl x Althea Sunrise & Moonrise Eye Palette

Here's the overall swatch for all the products! Taken under natural light and with flash light on.



Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer
From L-R the shades are from the lightest to the darkest: #Vanilla, #Ginger, #Honey, #Mocha

It's nice to see that there is expiry date printed on the bottom of every concealer. I like the simple packaging and it's really lightweight. Without much effort used, they twist and open really easily.

From L-R, the lightest to the darkest shade: #Vanilla, #Ginger, #Honey, #Mocha
As you can see, I am more of a Ginger shade than Honey. Although at some areas where I am more tanned or has skin discolouration, shade Honey matches me better.
The applicator picks up the product really easily. The product has a pretty liquidy and thin consistency and it applies onto my skin smoothly with just a single application.


Althea Watercolor Cream Tint
These Cream Tints look pretty in the cute little block acrylics~

From L-R the shades are: #01 Plum Cream, #02 Strawberry Cream, #03 Peach Cream, #04 Marron Cream. Once again the expiry dates were printed on the bottom of every product and also on the box packaging. However everything are in Korean, I wish I could translate them but I couldn't. ^,^"

Looking at these shades, I like #01 Plum Cream the most as it is actually deep red IRL and look like blood. #02 Strawberry Cream looks like fresh, neon bright red but also like blood. (They both look like blood to me lolx~)
Although #03 Peach Cream looks kinda nude peachy pink but it's actually quite red too. I would use this one to paint over my whole lips first before using the deeper shades to paint the center of my lips for a more gradient look. #04 Marron Cream (shouldn't it be spelt as maroon? ^-^") is probably my least favourite as it's more brownish and will make my already grey pigmented lips look duller.
All these lip cream tints, of course tinted my lips after wearing them for sometime.


Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter
From Top to bottom the shades are: #01 Gold Light, #02 Pink Light
Expiry date for these products are also printed on the product, not on the bottom of the tube but on the side of it.

#01 Gold Light looks like white/silver instead of gold from the outside but in actual fact, when I pull out the applicator, the product has a light yellow/gold hue to it. It consists of multi-coloured mica (tiny glitters) like green, blue, pink, purple so it looks somewhat iridescent too. It's one that I would love to use often if I put on a warm gold-ish look.
#02 Pink Light is just like how it looks like, with a light pink base, it also has beautiful multi-coloured mica in it.


bcl x Althea Sunrise & Moonrise Eye Palette
The moment I opened up this palette and saw the colours, I was excited! I wanted to see if the colour payoff is good with these shades.

Following shows the swatches I did under natural light and with flash light as well. The colour payoff as you can see, is pretty good! They all apply smoothly and beautifully. I was a little worried that the deep shades and the lightest shades will come off not as nice as the medium ones but luckily they all came out great! There are a combination of mattes, shimmers and glitters in this 8 colour palette. So awesome isn't it? That way, we can do tons of look with one single palette.

Following is an additional swatches in video format for all of your visuals!~


My Althea Makeup LOTD
Before I start off using the Althea makeup, I have already applied a base with a cushion makeup. After which I did a subtle highlight and contour using Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer Ginger (my skin shade) and Honey (one shade darker than my base shade). Why I use them to contour instead of concealing imperfections is because previously I tried concealing dark circles and spots but the concealing performance is low. Hence I thought that they would be great for contouring since they are really light weight and won't make my makeup look cakey.
Subtle highlight and contour using Althea Flawless Creamy Concealer #Ginger & #Honey




Next, I apply eyeshadow using the bcl x Althea Sunrise & Moonrise Eye Palette. As mentioned earlier, the colour payoff is good! The red eyeshadow looks dangggg nice and smooth on my lids.
Lately I think I'm pretty lucky to have received palettes from Althea that are really pigmented with nice shades and smooth textures. I'm lovin' it! ^▼^/~

As I have really droopy/hooded eye lids as well as very sensitive eyes that tear a lot, I always have trouble using a eyeliner thus I often make use of dark eyeshadow shades to create an illusion of an eyeliner instead.
First, I used the colour #1 (written in the following pic) to create a base shadow all over my lids and blended the edges towards my brow bone.
Then used #2 to top over it but stop it at around the crease area. Next I applied #3 brown to my crease line area and blend the red and brown shades together.
To make my look fresher, I applied a little of #4 shade at the inner corner of my eyes as well as underneath the inner side of my waterline.
Next, is the trick to create a subtle eyeliner illusion. It is to use #5 shade to line along my lashes as if I'm putting on a eyeliner. I also used #3, #2 & #5 under the outer side of my waterline to make my eyes look bigger and complete the eyeshadow look.
Last but not least to make my lids pop, I dabbed a little #6 shade with finger over the center of my lids.

After all that's been done, I set my foundation, did my blush, mascara and brow and continued with using Althea Spotlight Eye Glitter #02 Pink Light on my tear duct area.

For the lips, instead of my usual routine of using a nude lipstick to conceal my pigmented grey lips, I tried using Althea Watercolor Cream Tint #04 Marron Cream first. I waited for it to settle for a minute or so before pressing tissue over it to take out the excess product from my lips.

After that I applied #01 Plum Cream in the center of my lips to achieve a gradient look.

As the grey pigments from my lips shows out after I tissued off the first lip cream tint, I applied a medium nude shade lipstick along the border of my lips.

TA-DAH! So this is my full (no eyeliner) LOTD using Althea makeup! Hehex~
What do you'al think?

After looking at my lips makeup in various photos, I kind of began to like using lip tints..? I'm usually skeptical of using lip tints because they often make my lips peel aside from not being able to conceal my pigmented grey lips and making them look even darker. But now I have found a use for tints. These cream tints however felt somewhat different from the other tints I have used. Perhaps it's because they are more creamy thus they are more pigmented /deep in shade (in terms of redness). Some others I used are not that deep and the deep shade don't last most of the times.

Personally, I really like this palette alot, so much more than at least the past 10 palettes I'd gotten. Frankly speaking I don't buy or receive that many palettes recently but this beats at least half of what I have gotten for the past couple of years. I often thought that Korean eyeshadows are not pigmented or smooth to apply but I was kinda wrong when I started shopping in Althea. =p~ (forgive me, Korea!)

Hashtag them when you use Althea products! ^_^ #AltheaKorea #AltheaAngels #AltheaMakeUp

Links
Althea Website
Althea FB Page
Althea Instagram
bcl x Althea

Where to buy?
bcl x Althea Eye Palette
Althea Skincare Makeup

Comments