Review: Peekaboo Bleached Hair & Olaplex Experience @ Kenjo Salon 살롱

I bet most of you already knew or at least have heard of Olaplex. If not, it's ok! You will read more about it later in my post. ^_^ Today I'm going to show you my peekaboo hair colour as well as how my hair was done with Olaplex.

Sometime before I took off to Korea in mid Oct, my hair grew longer and the red from the last round's hair colouring session had somewhat faded off and became coppery brown (which I like too ^,^). I'm kinda not so used to straight unlayered hair like this and I felt that the hair ends were too dry from over bleaching last time thus I went to Kenjo to fix it~

As usual, I'm served a cup of drink of my preference. This time I asked for cappuccino. Coffee's my favourite and the taste of this is really not bad at all. ^,^

From my seat I spotted this awesome promo which is the Credit Package, sticked just beside the mirror.

Anyhoo back to my hair...
Here's how my hair looks like viewed from the top. My black roots are coming out and the red has faded, leaving behind this tri-tone hair colour. Although it might not look as nice as before but I've actually received several compliments from friends, colleagues and acquaintances that my tri-tone colour is unique and looks nice! *scratches head. /(^.^") \* hahax.. Nonetheless, even though this tri-tone is pleasing to some but for me, I hope to have hair that has a more gradual gradient and perhaps omit the black or dark roots. That would be more ideal!~ Nonetheless, I'm open to any hair colour ideas so I stepped into Kenjo without  the slightest idea of what my hair will turn into! ^∇^

I was presented a board of coloured hair samples and I wowed~ Apparently I did not have much idea in my mind so my hairstylist aka director, Joseph decided for me instead. Guess what colour he'll do on my hair? ^-^

Next, I was introduced to these products which are Davines Ammonia Free Hair Bleaching Powder, Ammonia Free Hair Colouring  System and Flamboyage adhesive strips. I really love those hair colouring that are ammonia free, I mean who don't right? It makes me feel more at ease when I'm waiting for my hair to be bleached or coloured. No more trying to turn my head in a specific direction to prevent myself from breathing in that pungent smell.

Joseph proceeded with applying bleach on portion of my hair using Davines bleaching powder on the Flamboyage strips. Looking at how he fold those strips, they really looked easy to work with! They saved so much time and effort in compare to aluminium foils.
Take a look at this video below at how he bleached my hair using Davines Flamboyage strips. So cool! ^.^

Done bleaching and wait, I shall.
While waiting for the 2 flaps beside my ears to be bleached, Joseph coloured the rest of my hair with Davines hair colouring system.

This is how it looks like after 1 round of bleaching and hair colouring. After which, he proceeded to bleach the same area again and gave me some 'warmth' (because I'm cold). lolx~ Neh, it's actually a hair colour processor-dryer-heater rotating disk.... thing. ^∇^ hehex~

And Tadah!~  It's been a long time since I last seen my hair so yellow like this... hahax~
I was told that my hair had to be bleached to a very light blonde level so that thecolouring could grab onto my these bleached parts and would last longer. And well what colour would require such bleached hair as a base? It's ASH! Ash colours need bases as white and pale as possible to achieve that beautiful ash-cool tone. As my hair had went through colouring before (previous was red) thus this is the max it could possibly go. Looks yellow in photo but it's a pretty pale yellow in real life.

While I was waiting for the 2nd round of hair colouring, I ordered a cup of Teh Tarik (without real tarik) this time. I always feel happy when I'm offered drinks during my hair colouring session at Kenjo. It's what kept me awake (although I STILL fell asleep a couple of times during the session)... ^_^""hahax...

Final hair colouring for the 2 flaps! *does dumbo ear flapping movements*
After colouring these two portions, I was brought for a Olaplex treatment (and sleeping session) at the hair shampoo bed.


About Olaplex
Two salon steps, one to take home. The simple three-step process includes a patented active ingredient that works on a molecular level to seek out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage. You can use Olaplex to restore compromised hair, or add it to another service to provide the ultimate breakage insurance.
No.1 - Bond Multiplier®
Beginning The Rebuilding
This concentrated first salon step rebuilds broken disulfide bonds and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair.

No.2 - Bond Perfector®
Pursuing Hair Perfection
Our second salon step continues to rebuild and restore any remaining broken bonds ensuring the strongest, shiniest, and healthiest hair possible.

No.3 - Hair Perfector
Lasting Protection at Home
This final retail step provides our client's continuous protection from ongoing damage at home.

During the Olaplex hair session, the No.1 - Bond Multiplier® was applied first to rebuild my damaged hair, expecially the ones at the hair ends. Then the No.2 - Bond Perfector® was applied and left on to restore the remaining damaged hair, making it stronger as well as giving them a healthy shine.
Now look at my glossy silky smooth, ash tone hair! Compare these pictures with the first few I just posted. So much difference to the shine. Previously my hair look muted and matte and also felt stiff. But after Olaplex, I felt as if they are virgin hair~

Peekaboo! Only when I swipe the hair to the back, will my light ash hair appear! Currently peekaboo hair is in trend. Because many coporate companies do not allow people with colourful dyed or bleached hair thus peekaboo hair trend had picked up and many especially ladies opted for this kind of hair colouring. Oncethey are out of office, they'll tie or bun their hair up so those obvious colours would show!

Lastly, my hair was sprayed with this Davines hair mist whereby it helps to further condition my dry hair ends.

At the salon, I was also introduced to Davines NaturalTech haircare series. I received a Nourishing Shampoo 100ml and Nourishing Hair Building Pak 60ml which I brought along for my Korea trip and used them diligently everyday for the whole of 2 weeks. To be frank, do not underestimate this small travel size products.. they lasted me even after the 2 weeks holiday. I thought I could bin them in Korea but apparently I ended up bringing them back to Singapore. hahahx~

Aside from the nourishing series products, I spooted this rebalancing shampoo too which is for oily scalp, such as mine. I think that i'll be good for me to use this for the scalp and then the nourishing hair pak for the hair so that I can combat both my oily scalp and the dry damaged hair ends issues at the same time. ^_^

Here are the photos of me... with my newly bleached, coloured, olaplex-ed hair taken few days after.

After about a week plus, the ash faded During my first hair experience @ Kenjo, I had dyed my hair red thus my hair had absorbed the warm tone from the colouring and it remained there even after the ash colour had faded.
Everyday using the NaturalTech Nourishing hair shampoo and hair pak makes my hair less dry in this dry climate country. Since my scalp is oily type, I realised I actually could skip using a nourishing or hydrating shampoo even in this dry climate. Using the nourishing shampoo makes my roots lose its volume and after some time, it'll look flat and not as puffy like my hair ends. If you have dry or normal scalp, using a nourishing hair shampoo is fine since the hair has just been bleached and dyed. Therefore a hydrating shampoo could help replenish the moisuture and lustre that have been lost.
My hair colour had eventually went back to slightly coppery but not as golden-red as before. It is more of a cooler brown and like what I wanted, it now has a more gradual gradient with the hair ends coloured to matched near to the medium brown. The roots area look dark yet has this slight cool brown in it as well. Overall, I'm liking the fact that I have this mini version of peekaboo hair with a not so daring colour on the outside. (So that companies will hire me when I go for interview! Lolx~) Another thing is that I would really recommend anyone who had went for the Olaplex treatment to also own a Olaplex No.3 - Hair Perfector which could be used at home. I lack of that product thus my hair started to turn a little mute again.
Although drier hair and roots are what I prefer to have than oily flat hair, but I believe Olaplex No.3 would make my hair ends less dry, brittle and easier to manage since I often curl them.

Price 
Click pic to enlarge

Davines NaturalTech Shampoo 250ml S$29.50
Davines NaturalTech Shampoo 1000ml S$85

Promo
Quote miwitch and look for hairstylist @josephfoo2810  to enjoy 15% off for your first hair experience at Kenjo!

Also, there's Christmas promotion going on at Kenjo Salon too! Check them out~


Where?
Kenjo Salon
68 Orchard Road, #04-72, Plaza Singapura (New Wing), S238839
Phone: 6238 8083

Links

Comments