Haul & Review: Urban Decay, Kat Von D & it Cosmetics @ Sephora

Hey all, it's been quite sometime since I last posted about haul, makeup or even a makeup review.  So today I'm going to talk about all these 3 stuffs.. and it might get a little photo intensive ^_^ Kick back, relax and view my photos. ^,~
A couple weeks back, I went on a shopping spree at Sephora online store
After browsing 23978106 items (lolx~) in their makeup category , I chose the following makeup products. 
TADAH!~~ *sparkle sparkle*
http://www.sephora.sg/categories/makeup?aaid=6009&utm_source=influencer&utm_campaign=INFLUENCERS%2F+SEO%3A+Makeup+%28SG%2FMY%29__1110&utm_medium=referral&acid=1110&utm_content=Jones__6009

So the items I got are:
- Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation in shade 3.0
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Eden
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte in shade Heartless
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in shade Melancholia (Rose Blush)

Below shows my shopping cart and I got a free sample added to my bag which is the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ in Fair shade.
I like the cart design as I can still change the shade at the last moment before payout.


Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation
I've been debating between getting Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation and Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation. I have actually went around swatching at the physical Sephora stores and still couldn't decide which to get. At last, I decided on the UD because I saw a review on youtube of both foundies and it seems that the KVD's foundation is much drier than UD's, plus KVD was not available at the time I placed order online so I just went for UD. ^^

I like the box packaging as it's in chrome, just like its actual product. However it would be a pain trying to read the words on it. lolx~
Above shows the ingredients printed on the packaging. I see that this foundation uses quite alot of silicone ingedients, infact the first ingredient is silicone. Actually I've got some problems with wearing silicone based makeup. More often than not, they do not last long on my skin. I guess it's either I have a primer that isn't compatible to the foundation or my skincare products are entirely not compatible to the makeup I use. Either way, I've always liked to try out different ways of wearing my foundation such as with or without primer, with or without fixer to see which works best so I can have longer lasting makeup.

Check out this pretty babe!~~ So chrome that you probably could spot me in the reflection. hehex~

The bottle has a weight to it and that's good because I don't like foundation bottles to topple every single time I accidentally brush my hand against it or whatsoever.

Every single part of the bottle is made chrome... So loving it! ♥▽♥)
Product is 30ml and can be kept for 6 months after first use.
Bottom of the bottle shows the shade number.

it Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+
Next, Imma gonna show you the sample I received~ I was happy that the Sephora online store gives out free samples kinda like Sephora US? (If I'm not wrong) ^.^ It's best that they keep it this way because I would definitely want to try out other new foundations and makeup aside from the ones I buy.I find it's always hard to determine what shade would be best for my skintone, so foundation samples are always a good way to entice customers to try and then buy~ ^_^
For this CC+ foundation, I saw that they contain high amount of snail secretion filtrate and aside from that are again, silicone plus other sunscreen ingredients and plant oil.

This little sample comes in 4ml and can be kept for 12 months after first use.

Nice holographic packaging (just gota love both chrome and holo!) They've also got the application method printed on the back of the actual product. Product made in Korea.
I've actually thought of getting it Cosmetics foundation and so I went to Sephora store to get a swatch first. Apparently this CC+ foundation has little pigments (swatch will be shown later in this post) so I skipped getting it as I wanted to try those that provide medium to high coverage for a change.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Eden
I believe this isn't new to everyone. I got this because my favourite MUA Wayne Goss told me to get it. Lolx~ Neh.. I wanted UD eye primer for quite sometime already even though my bestie told me that their eye primers in new formulas didn't really prevent her eye makeup from creasing. After looking around on Sephora online store, I decided to still give UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion a try despite what was mentioned to me. The original was OOS so I took Eden.

UD EPP Eden has a really lovely packaging especially the teardrop cap.

Close-up of the teardrop cap. I really love that cap design. ^,^

The cap acts as a handle too.

Close-up of the applicator. It looks like a light shade concealer.


Swatches
I swatched all the above 3 mentioned products together. Basically UD All Nighter Liquid Foundation is very pigmented, matte but looks somewhat a little satin on the skin under daylight. it Cosmetics CC+ has low pigments (not full coverage like what it said it has) and looks sheer after blended out. Lastly UD EPP is matte and still has the white beigey pigment intact after blending, it also feels sticky, tacky on the surface so that it can grab whatever is put on top of it easily.
With flash, the UD All Nighter looks very matte and took away the natural shine my skin has. It also appear to look darker than how it looks under normal lighting. CC+ basically does what it claims to do by making my skin shine and glow like it’s well moisturised and hydrated. The UD EPP has no difference be it under natural light or flash but it does give some coverage to the skin so I assume it could be used alone too (applied light layer) on to dark eyelids. Lastly, look at the bottom left row where I had removed the eye primer and foundation with a dry tissue and look at what's left over on my hand. Both UD eye primer & All Nighter left some product on my hand while the CC+ didn't. They are really budge-proof!

UD Foundation & Eye Primer Review
I wore UD All Nighter Liquid Foundation 2 days in a row, using slightly different way of wearing for each day. First day, I did a 1 full pump on back of my hand and I used a damp non-latex sponge to apply the foundation on my bare skin (with skincare). I did not use all of the foundation as 3/4 of it was enough to cover my whole face providing full coverage.

Below shows the coverage of the foundation when used alone without primer and concealer.
I have relatively large pores on my cheeks, small inflammation and post acne scars around cheeks and jaw areas so I applied layers of foundation (a thin layer at a time) to achieve the concealing effect. The foundation is really pigmented, works so well by concealing those redness too!

Below shows my face after full makeup. I pressed on white translucent powder on top of the liquid foundation and then buffed on light layers of bronzer at perimeter of my face, also light layers of compact powder on top of areas where I have redness (like laugh lines) and areas showing slightly visible spots. Finally I blended both powders to get a more even and natural look. Although I felt that the foundation made my face way too matte, the shade 3.0 oxidised to a more reddish-yellow tone (I am more of a yellow-neutral tone) and was a tad darker than my skin, but the finished look was so flawless! Pores appeared slightly less visible after makeup.
*Note: I'm wearing the new KVD & UD lipstick here too, review will be shown later in this post.

Below shows my makeup, taken 12 hours later.
On this day, some of the foundation melted away becos my T-zone produced lots of sebum, as usual. I tried to salvage by applying light layers of cream to powder foundation on T-zone and laugh lines because the redness showed up after the foundation was gone. The rest of the makeup remained were mostly around the perimeter of my face and eyes, and the blush was still intact as the foundation on my cheeks didn't vanish entirely.
The following photo was taken with my mobile in selfie mode. I was very tired by the time I took this pic so pls excuse my stone look. Lolx~ though most foundation were gone at the centre of my face, I still look alright (so-so rather) in my selfie pic with minimum filters used.

On the next day I tried using a glowy primer under UD All Nighter so I could achieve a slightly dewy look rather than the all matte matte look. I also used cream highlighter and blush on top of the liquid foundation before I pressed on powder to set them in.
Following was taken after 13 hours of wearing the makeup and it seems that the primer doesn't work very well with the foundation which causes the foundie to shift alittle. Once again most of my foundation vanished around the centre of my face as my skin produced even more sebum this time. In the pic shown below was taken under strong LED lights so you can see the shine my skin gives out. Somehow that shiny greasy surface accentuate the appearance of my large pores. The redness around my nose and nasolabial fold also showed through the half vanished foundation.
In below pic shows my makeup look under normal indoor lighting. (It doesn't look as bad as the above pic maybe becos the lighting was low) The blush was still intact just like the first day, however my overall skin appear a little more oily than the previous.
I would think that the foundation when used alone was pretty ok, it could have been better if I used a  compatible primer (and maybe also skincare). Because of my aging skin, the matte foundation which I used to love when I was younger, don't really work well on me now. At some point I think my skin look dull without the glow and it kind of make my aging dehydrated skin look even more dehydrated after many hours of wearing. I really really love the awesome high coverage that UD All Nighter gives but because of my skin type and condition, I would probably only reach out to this foundie when I know I'm going out only for short hours and during the evening/night. (Hence the name, All Nighter? Lolx~) The next thing I love was the foundie transfers the least in compare to other foundations that I own. I would suggest those who do not have dry or dehydrated skin (normal, normal-oily combi, oily) could give this a try and to select a tad shade lighter than your skin tone because it will oxidised to a slightly darker shade.


Next I'm gonna review the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion Eden.
I used to own several primers that got dried up within the tube and so I debated for quite long before deciding to invest in another. I took Eden since the Original was OOS and I like it that the packaging wasn't entirely a squeeze tube but a squeeze tube with an applicator. I like the light skintone shade as it kind of conceals my dark lids. Similarly, I used a non-latex damp sponge to dab the eye primer (I took the product from the tube and put it on back of my hands instead of applying directly with applicator) onto my lids and a little under the outer corners of my eyes too. Because I have droopy eyelids which the outer corners overlaps the skin below it, I tend to tear easily when the lashes tickled the skin below my eyelids. So this eye primer worked quite well by preventing me from tearing due to its formula. It felt tacky, somewhat sticky, yet dry and matte, so I used it to dap the outer corner of my eyes and it immediately made the skin felt dry and not damp. (Not too sure it make sense to you but this was how I felt after using. Dampness under my eyelids always make me tear).
I only applied light gold shimmery eyeshadow and peachy pink shadow over the primer. I totally love how well the shadow blended when applied ontop of the Eden primer. It blended smoothly and I didn't feel there's any friction going on when I tried to blend both shades together. The outlines of the primer could also easily be blended off with a brush.

After 13 hours of wearing the eyeshadow and Eden eye primer, I saw little crease lines, which were caused by my double (or triple?) eye lids lines. The eyeshadow got trapped within those lines. I have yet to try apply darker shades or pile multiple eyeshdows on to this primer yet. Perhaps I should and then I could talk more about this eye primer. At the end of the day, my eyeshadow still remained intact but looked a little dull. I wonder if it would work better if I use more primer or I blend the primer onto my lids with my own finger (to give it some heat) instead of a sponge.


I heard good things about Urban Decay Vice Lipstick and since I've been a little crazy over matte lipsticks nowadays, so why not get one I thought.
The ingredients and expiry date are shown on the box packaging.

I was trying hard to find nude lipsticks that matches my skin shade so I could conceal my dark pigmented lips with the lipstick before applying other lip colour. Sadly when I went online shopping, only "Heartless", a slightly pale neutral pink was available. It is considered the lightest from the pile of available shades at that time. Nonetheless I did not mind getting more nude pinks since I use any kind of nude lippies. hehex~ ^,^

Like the UD All Nighter, the Vice Lipstick has a dark chrome body too. It felt really nice to hold a weighted bullet-looking lipstick. The feeling was... luxurious when I uncapped and used it on my lips.

Entirely loving the enbossed UD logo! ♥▽♥)




Ever since its launch, this is my first time gettng my hands on Kat Von D's product. Aside from thinking of getting the foundation, I also yearned for their Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.
Ingredients of the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick as shown above.

If you'd followed me in Instagram, you might have seen photos of my Sephora haul and swatches of some of the products, as well as knew that I accidentally got 2 lippies of the similar shade. ^_^" *faints*

Use Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick like you're smoking a C. lolx~

I got this shade "Melancholia" because again, the skintone nudes were out so I picked the next nude or palest shade of them all, which happened to be this Rose Blush shade.

The applicator is similiar to those used in lipgloss.


Swatches
So now let me show you the dupes. I gotten 2 lipsticks in 2 different types from 2 different brands and ended up with 2 similar shades. The KVD is a tad cooler than UD Vice lipstick and of course more matte than UD too.


UD & KVD Lipsticks Review
I tried both using each of them by itself and using them stacked. Below shows KVD Melancholia, taken under flourescent lighting thus the shade appears more cooler than usual. Melancholia is originally a tiny bit cool (at some angles and under some lightings) although I would still describe it as warm pink.
I had trouble applying the KVD lipstick on my lips. There was no issue with filling up the spaces but I had problem trying to soften the outline of my lips. Once the liquid sets in place for over a couple of seconds, the lipstick kind of hardened and if I did not blend it out quickly enough, I have a outline of semi hardened lipstick which would appear more pigmented than the rest of the area that I have already blended out. I had to spend sometime to fill my lips with this liquid lipstick, using both the applicator and my fingers to try to smoothen the pigments out so they look even. After 2 days of using, I still couldn't get used to this liquid lipstick. Because my lips are pretty dark and pigmented, any one area that is not properly applied or blended, I could see light and dark pink patches, kinda just like the picture shown below. The lipstick texture is also pretty sticky. Everytime I press my lips to even out the pigments, my lips sticked to each other quite firmly. (lolx~) I believe that if I use a sheer non-matte lipstick over this liquid lipstick, it would adhere really well since the base is already so sticky... lolx~
Generally I felt that Kat Von D liquid lipstick is long lasting but I got really visible lip lines after wearing it for quite long (more than 10 hours). Since it's matte lipstick, I do not need to say much about how drying it could be as I guess everyone would have expected matte lipsticks to be drying. Certain parts of my lips are dry and flaky, this liquid lipstick made that dry area stand out even more. So I would suggest people who have dry lips to avoid using it unless you apply another coat of gloss or balm, something more moisturising over it.

Below shows my highly filtered lips lolx~ (using phone photoshop so it's hard to make it look flawless yet not too fake). One side I applied UD Vice Lipstick in Heartless and another side Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Melancholia. In this set of photos, you can see that they are almost the same shade except one is a tiny bit darker, somewhat cool and more matte. The other is paler in comparison and has a subtle shine to it

UD Vice Lipstick in Heartless was easier to apply, less sticky when I pressed my lips, very pigmented too and lasted pretty long even after a meal or two. However it felt really dry after half a day. I could feel that my lips puckered a little.. (lolx.. just an expression not really dry till I pucker :P~)
It is like KVD liquid lipstick whereby it's hard to remove without a proper remover. I wanted to remove the lipstick after I ate or drank so I could recoat my lips but it was quite hard to do so without tugging the skin on my lips. Thus I kept tissue-ing my mouth to clean them and tried to even out the pigments. So after a day...what's left on my lips looked like this. (sorry if I grossed you out) ^_^"
Another method to clean and redo such budge-proof makeup is to use warm water. I could have done that but I thought maybe I could do a little test first to see how long lasting the lipstick was. I could easily give it a 8 or 9 upon 10 since this lipstick lasted me like 12 hours without vanishing entirely (only some parts did and my dark lips kinda make the lipstick looked greyish).


And with that, I shall end my post here.. I hope you all like my reviews for the 4 makeup products~ ^,~ 
Check out more of these products I got from Sephora.

Where to buy?

Comments