Review: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil (with Olive Oil)

On October, I spotted a new Oil cleanser on Watsons shelves, it was the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil.
And then few weeks later, I received the cleansing oil from The Sample Store! How lucky! I was so happy that I could give this baby a try! ^^

Packaging
The usual pump type plastic bottle


About Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil
This NEW Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil contains Ultra Pure Olive Oil in it, to ensure high performance cleansing and yet gentle with no irritation to the skin.
While on the other side, it has Super Hyaluronic Acid to give 2X more moisture than normal hyaluronic acid, where 1g can retain 12 litres of water, giving you refreshing smoothness after cleansing.
It is also water-soluble and doesn't leave any greasy residue, stickiness or dryness on the face after cleansing. Faithful to Hada Labo's 'PERFECT X SIMPLE' philosophy, it doesn't contain Mineral Oil which is harmdul to the skin & clog pores.



My Oil Cleansing Method (To remove Make-up)
1. Pump 3-4 cleansing oil on palms (depend whether its light or heavy make-up. 4 pumps if I have waterproof make-up on)
2. Apply cleansing oil on whole face and neck
3. Massage all over in circular motion, concentrating on areas where I often have clog pores/black & white heads like nose, sides of nostrils, cheeks, temples, chins and also on waterproof liners & mascaras
4. Wet face with a little water to emulsify the oil, continue to massage in circular motion and again concentrating on the same areas.
5. Add more water when the emulsion starts to feel sticky & thick
6. When the skin starts to feel smooth & soft, rinse off the cleansing oil with running water (I will use a shower head to rinse off, as the force is greater than splashing water onto face with my hands)
7. If I see any make-up residues/leftovers  (like waterproof liners or mascara) or I feel its not really clean enough, I will double cleanse with 1-2 pumps of cleansing oil and apply on my already wet face. This immediately emulsify the oil and I'll just work it on that particular area. (At times I will pat dry, and apply cleansing oil on dry face)
8. Rinse off with water
And the routine continues (using face wash etc..)

Review
Below shows roughly how the cleansing is done with Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil.

After the make-up is cleansed off, I zoom in to take a look the creases and lines on back of my hand, I spotted some make-up not properly cleansed off.
Few things to note:
1. I did concentrate in massaging the cleansing oil over the liners, especially the K-Palette because it's hard to remove.
2. I did massage for quite a long time after its been emulsified.
3. I ran my hand over a running tap water.
4. I didn't double cleanse.
5. I didn't use foam cleanser/face wash.
Well, you might think the make-up is totally removed from the above pic, but look at it again. From below (I brightened the pic so its clearer), you could see that the K-Palette liner has some leftovers hidden between the lines and few mica from the silver liner was found. Though mica doesn't really matter since it can easily be removed away by face wash and another found of rinsing, but the liner will still be there if I do not do a double cleanse.


Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleansing Oil doesn't smell, it doesn't sting my eyes AT ALL (+ points!^^), it emulsifies well and it's hydrating.
However, downside of it is that I will want to do a double cleanse with it because I feel that it doesn't cleanse well for waterproof make-up.
Although during its emulsion state, it makes my skin smooth and soft (means that it has soften my epidermis layer, the build-up sebum & dirt in my pores and blackheads), but I can feel that the skin is not as soft as like the other cleansing oils I used.
In other words, it might mean that it doesn't fully breaks down the sebum in my pores, which infact in future might lead to clog pores and then black/white heads.
As an overall though, this cleansing oil is still Good. I will continue to use it on a daily basis during times where I do not wear heavy make-up or waterproof mascara & liners.

Other Hada Labo Make-Up Cleansers
Hada Labo also has another Hydrating Make-up Remover in the range that is water-based to remove light make-up. It contains 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid, normal and Super Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate while it cleanses.



Where To Buy?
Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Cleansing Oil is priced at SGD$20.90
Available exclusively at Watsons nationwide.
Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Make-Up Remover is priced at SGD$17.90
Available at Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice and other major departmental stores.

Hada Labo Facebook
Now, clicky the link to join! ^^ https://www.facebook.com/hadalabosg

Comments