Event & Review: Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation

It's been quite a long time since I did a review on foundation... Hmmm.. did I even reviewed ANY foundation before? Hahax~ =p~
Anyhoo~ I went for the Make Up For Ever's "Never choose the wrong foundation again!" workshop last month and I got to learn more about choosing the right foundation shade from Make Up For Ever's Makeup Artist.
At the workshop, there are total of 25 shades of Pro Finish Powder Foundation displayed at Sephora.
The Pro Finish is:
- A multi-use powder foundation
- 100% Adaptable
- 0% Cakiness
- Available in 25 shades for all skin tones

Event
The workshop was held at Sephora Ion Orchard.
Attending the workshop allows us to discover our skin tone and under tone as well as learning how to pick our own shade of foundation.

Placed at Sephora entrace is a big skin shade wheel! Customers who get to spin to their shade wins a Kabuki Brush. How cool is that? ^_^ I'd tried it for fun, but I didn't get my shade~ It's so hard! The winners must be really lucky!

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish display.

The Ultimate Complexion Survival Kit.

The ultimate complexion survival kit that consists of a Pro Finish powder, HD Primer, Mist & Fix, Sens'Eyes, Aqua Smoky Lash and Aqua Eyes.This kit is only at SGD$157!

Makeup galore~ HD Primer in different colours catered for different skin tone and different purposes.

Here's Irwan, Make Up Artist for the workshop.

Before selecting my foundation shade, I gota do some 'tests' or rather, quizzes to know my skin undertone.
One of the test is to put on a silver and gold bangle and see which one compliments my skin.
I actually like both silver and gold jewelleries on me but when come to the one that compliments my skin tone, it would be gold. I also love the element gold & the colour gold very much.. kekex..^∇^
Warm foundations work on me best as it brightens up my face. My skin is also pretty yellowish too.

Irwan picked the 3 lightest shade under the warm tone category. He did a swatch using a wedge sponge and dab all 3 on my neck (I requested it to be applied on my neck as I want the foundation shade to be close to my neck shade). He reminded me that I do not have to blend out the foundation when swatching it on my neck/jawline because by doing so, I will not be able to know which shade is closest to my skin tone. Any foundation blended out will look almost like my skin colour and it'll be even harder for me to decide which one to pick.
After a quick swatch, I immediately know which one to pick. It's shade #117! ^_^ The other 2 are too dark for me while #117 is a tad lighter than my skin but it's fine with me as I prefer to use foundation that's a little bit fairer because sometimes I will oxidize the makeup (mostly happens when I didn't sleep enough the previous day).
I also heard that shade #117 is out of stock worldwide because it is the most popular shade. So does it mean I don't get to repurchase this again if I want to in the future? (⊙⌂⊙) How sad~ I hope Make Up For Ever will make more of #117! I'm actually loving this Pro Finish foundie (review later in this post *scroll scroll*)!

Right, here's a before after pic taken at the workshop~
I already wore foundation when I went for the workshop (left pic). I had on liquid foundation with loose powder and it is already starting to cake and oil up when I reach Sephora. *sigh~*
After Irwan applied the Pro Finish powder on my face & neck area, my face brightens up and has this soft focus look with no cakiness or whatsoever! (right pic)

Close-up of the before (left) and after applying Pro Finish (right). 
As Pro Finish contains silica (a loose powder I love using for my undereyes to minimise the appearance of my lines and wrinkles and to give a very smooth finish), hence my skin appears really smooth and velvety in the pictures in compare to the 'before' pic.


Packaging & Ingredients
Here shows it's packaging which indicates that this foundation is a Multi-use Powder Foundation, meaning it can be used as base powder foundation, as a powder to set your foundation or as a compact powder for touch-up.

As mentioned, the powder contains pretty high percentage of silica thus it helps to hide wrinkles or fine lines very well and it also prevents caking too.



Review
Starring the NEW Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation~ So glossy lookin' here!

The foundation is about palm size big.

It is a 2-tier casing which contains a mirror and a sponge underneath the foundation. 

Shade #117 label is found at the back of the casing.

The sponge isn't hard or too soft. It feels just nice and has a little bounce to it.

Close-up of the powder foundation.


Swatch
First 2 row shows foundation not blended, last pic is blended. It is close to my skin tone but slightly fairer.

Here's pictures of my right half face applied with the Pro Finish Powder Foundation and the left half with no makeup (applied with only skincare & sunblock).

Below taken with indoor white lighting.

Close-up of my cheek & jawline with and without the Pro Finish. Such big difference! Note that I had all my flaws concealed before applying the foundation.

And finally full face with Pro Finish! Darn.. i look kinda scary with no other makeup.... hahhaax~ *walks like a zombie*
Review
- shade #117 appears to be in between the yellow and orange tones
- shade #117 suits my skin tone however it's a tad fairer and not as yellow as my neck so I can still see a little bit of difference between my face and my neck when I look into the mirror
- Pro Finish can be used wet or dry (by applying with a damp sponge or a dry sponge)
- can be used as powder foundation, loose powder and as touch-up powder (very adaptable!)
- gives me a medium to almost full coverage
- hides redness, pimples, dark circles very well
- dark spots and scars still shows up a little bit if I don't use any concealer
- decent oil control
- makes my face feel less sticky (the stickiness mainly comes from the skincare and sunblock I used)
- doesn't cake at all (yes, totally no caking! Love it! *thumbs up*)
- make my lines and wrinkles under my eyes, forehead and laugh lines less visible
- gives my face a soft focus look (kinda like a Photoshop gaussian blur effect. Lolx~)
- gives my skin surface a velvety soft and smooth finish
- matify my face in an instant
- the accompanying sponge is soft to touch and doesn't have that squeaky feeling during application
- doesn't come with refills (gota buy the whole thing with casing again if anyone want to repurchase it)
All in all, I think i just own the best powder foundation! I might have used and raved other powder foundations before but time pass, skin changes so some of my past awesome foundations don't really work wonders for me anymore. I'm glad that I have met Pro Finish, it is one of my most used powder foundation for now as I can't find anymore other foundation that doesn't cake on me, especially on areas around my eyes.
My face is very oily lately and it often melts off my foundation and will start to cake around T-zone area and under my eyes. But Pro Finish solved all these problems! It also magically conceal my dark circles (with help of a little under eye corrector) very well that I'm so impressed with its coverage plus the ability of not caking, plus not making my fine lines appear visible, plus giving my face a velvety soft look, plus... well you get it. ^_~


Price
Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation  SGD$69

Where to buy?
Sephora Stores:
Sephora ION Orchard
Sephora Ngee Ann City
Sephora Marina Bay Sands
Sephora Great World City
Sephora VivoCity
Sephora Plaza Singapura
Sephora Bugis+
MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy & Pro Loft ( 36 & 38 Armenian Street #01-06 & #02-06 )

Websites

Comments

  1. My family always say that I am killing my time here at web, but
    I know I am getting knowledge everyday by reading such good articles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment