Review: Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion (New Nano Formula)

Early August, Hada Labo launched a new product Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion with New Nano Formula. *phew*
In short, I call it Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion (New Nano Formula).  And I got to try out this baby during its launch period. ^^


Packaging
Its packaging is no different from the previous version or the Retinol version (just different stickers/colours).
The only way to differentiate from the previous (non-Nano) version is to look at the product name. lolx~


What is "NANO"?
[Reference from Wikipedia]
Nano- (symbol n) is a prefix meaning a billionth. Used primarily in the metric system, this prefix denotes a factor of 10−9 or 0.000000001. It is frequently encountered in science and electronics for prefixing units of time and length, such as 30 nanoseconds (symbol ns), 100 nanometres (nm) or in the case of electrical capacitance, 100 nanofarads (nF).
The prefix is derived from the Greek νᾶνος, meaning "dwarf", and was officially confirmed as standard in 1960.
In the United States, the use of the nano prefix for the farad unit of electrical capacitance is uncommon; capacitors of that size are more often expressed in terms of a small fraction of a microfarad or a large number of picofarads.
When used as a prefix for something other than a unit of measure, as in "nanoscience", nano means relating to nanotechnology, or on a scale of nanometres.
My say: Basically, 'Nano' is 1 level higher than 'Micro' and 'Micro' is higher than 'Milli'. If you know what is Milli and Micro, so now you get Nano. So, with the new Nano Formula, the goodness of SHA Hydrating Lotion is able to penetrate deeper into our skin than last time!
And if there is ever a Pico Formula, then I'll know that this formula's gotta be better than 'Nano'. Lolx~ Because 'Pico' means a Trillionth!

Hada Labo "Nano" Formula
Check out the cute illustrations! It is easier to understand what "NANO" is all about just by looking at the pics.


Swatches
Here shows only 2 droplets of SHA Lotion on back of my hand.
- Similar to previous version (without Nano formula), it is clear lotion, like normal water
- non-greasy
- easy to spread out
- totally no fragrance/scent


Review
Here shows 5 droplets of SHA Lotion on my palm. This is already more than enough for my face and neck application. For this time, I don't pour it onto cotton pad, I apply it purely by using my 2 palms hence the amount used is pretty little because the lotion spreads easily over my face and can cover both full face and neck easily.

- I spread the lotion around on both palms and lightly press it on my face & neck
- feels smooth and easy to spread out on my skin
- slightly cooling
- lotion starts to feels alittle bit sticky when its being absorbed to skin
- face feels refreshed and thirsty skin are being hydrated instantly
- I lightly pat with both hands to make it fully absorbed into skin
- skin starts to feel less sticky and becomes smooth after fully absorbing the lotion
- face appears alittle glossy after application
- after a week's usage, I found a few oil spots & oil bumps around neck area
- wherelse face experienced almost no oil spots
- T-zone area & cheeks area feels the same like usual (alittle greasy)
- apart from the above, my skin feels soft & moisturised

As the SHA Lotion feels alittle bit rich for my neck area, I had to skip applying it on my neck and only apply on my face. My neck to collarbone usually feel alittle greasy & glossy than other parts of my body (oily skin), so when I use certain products around that area and if it is alittle too rich for the skin to take it, it will start growing oil bumps or comedones (white heads).
Therefore I swtiched to apply SHA Lotion on other parts of my body instead, targetting areas that are dry. Like my arms, legs and feet. (lolx~) This is not a joke as it REALLY helps in hydrating! Especially the dry patchy areas on my calfs and toes, the SHA Lotion helps to soften the skin and reduce the flakiness.
I best recommend Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion (New Nano Formular) to normal, combi-dry or dry skin.
For combi-oily skin users, I would suggest to only apply on areas that are not oily (avoid T-zone if its oily). I understand that not all will have greasy skin on their necks like mine, so if you wish to try applying on your neck, by all means ^^. Just remember, LESS is MORE. (Unless your skin is very dry! ^^) 1 bottle roughly last for more than 2-3 months.

Contest
Confessions of a Hada Labo Girl - Ends on 10 September 2012 23:59.
Win a brand new 16GB iPad worth $668, 2nd prize is a $100 shopping voucher plus 1 year supply of Hada Labo products and 3rd prize is a $100 shopping voucher plus 3 Hada Labo products and other prizes.



Website
Hada Labo SG Facebook

Hada Labo Free Sample
@ Hada Labo SG Facebook Page

Comments