Review: Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion

The Sample Store sponsored me Hada Labo's new range of Retinol skincare for my review.
On end June, the parcel was sent to me (Such big box for a bottle of lotion! O_O" but now kinda getting used to how TSS pack their items already.. In beginning I always awed to see big boxes being sent to me but inside is just 1 small item... kekex~)


Here's what I received:
Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion and a brochure


Packaging
The cap was sealed with a security seal sticker to prevent leakage during shipping/posting and preventing people from opening the caps from the displayed products at stores.
When I first open up the cap, there's this cute round bubble at the outlet! It wouldn't burst even after 5 mins of phototaking this bubble with my cam! lolx~


Hada Labo brochure
It teaches you how to use their Hada Labo Retinol skincare range products.




Swatch
(apologies for my typo 'Retinoal' ^_^" & apologies for showing my ugly scar on my backhand...OTL||| )
I took Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion to compare with Retinol Lifting+ Firming Lotion.
Super Hyaluronic is very watery and Retinol's thicker, has a higher viscosity hence Super Hyaluronic lotion flows really easily and faster than Retinol.
Retinol appears to look alittle yellowish white in colour but Super Hyaluronic is clear.



Below pic shows when both lotions are blended and pat onto my backhand:
The area I used Retinol (right side of my backhand) seems very moisturised from the look of my backhand skin surface and it also seems like its not totally absorbed into the skin yet.



Writeup and Ingredients



How I use Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion:
Although Retinol Lotion is said to be the toner of the Retinol skincare range, but I use it like an essence or a treatment before my moisturiser and after my usual toner.
As I find that its properties are rich and its content is thick, so its hard for me to start my skincare regimen with this Lotion without applying my usual very watery toner... ^_^" (Its just my own thinking, you need not follow me if you think otherwise)

1. Right after cotton padding my usual toner to my face, I pour 3-4 drops of Retinol onto palm (I require more than the usual 2-3 drops because I do abit of face massage when I apply this to my face. Otherwise, I'll use 2-3 drops)
2a. Spread the lotion out on my hand and apply it to whole face and under chin except eyes.
2b. At times, I use the Robin Niu's method by pouring 5-6 drops (more drops because some of it got absorbed by the cotton pad) of Retinol onto the used damp cotton pad (previously soaked with toner), spread the lotion to all over the cotton pad and then apply it to my face like I do for my toner. I sometimes find this method easier for my skin to absorb the lotion ^^
3. After blending out the lotion to whole face, I start to do Face massage to enhance its face-lifting effects
4. The lotion starts to get stickier and skin absorbs the lotion, I stop massaging and starts to press my hands again my face with alittle pressure to make the rest of the lotion absorbed to my skin.


Results
1. I find my pores on my cheeks and nose obviously became smaller than last time.
2. I do not find the wrinkles on my laugh lines (around mouth) being reduced though :(
3. I find my face feels alittle bit more firm than before and overall skin lifted alittle too. Why I feel so is because when I walk, I feel my skin doesn't bounce or wobble up and down that much like last time (lolx..)
4. I still experience small (some itchy) oil bumps on face. I already experience it before using Hada Labo Retinol Lotion, condition still remains even when I use this lotion. (Though Retinol packaging mention 'LOW IRRITATION', it doesn't mean NO irritation! ^^")
5. Takes a longer time to be absorbed by skin than Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion


My thoughts
Hada Labo Retinol Lotion comes exactly the right time when I need it. I felt my skin's been sagging alot (by the look and the feel of the 'woobly' skin..kekkex~) and wrinkles starts to form at laugh lines. sigh~
Hence after using Retinol for roughly 9 days, it seems that there is slight improvement of my skin condition but not that drastic change (like I wished! =p)
I will continue to use Retinol for the current period hoping miracles will happen (lolx..)
Since the fact that my pores do appear to look smaller (without even using pore minimising serum!), I reckon that it could do more, like getting rid of wrinkles..
But of course, caring the outside, we also need to care about the inside. Meaning our food intakes and sleep. And those are also my weakest points ^^" I seldom eat healthy food and I sleep really 'early' hence aging my body faster than I thought. =__="
Lastly, for the price of $25.90 that comes with 170ml of content, I think its really really worth it! ^^


Prices of Hada Labo Retinol Skincare Range
Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion 170ml : $25.90
Product price range from $25.90 - $34.90 available exclusively at Watsons store nationwide!



AND NOW!!!
Redeem your own Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA) Lotion samples here: http://www.facebook.com/hadalabosg?sk=app_151292538267800 or
http://www.facebook.com/hadalabosg



Once again Thanks to ♡♡♡ The Sample Store! ♡♡♡

Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by its company to me for trial.

Comments