Event: Maybelline New York Blogger’s Party @ SCAPE Curious Teepee

On 30 April, I was invited to Maybelline New York blogger’s party @ SCAPE - A Curious Teepee. Along I went with my Na & Ah ru.
And they had changed their names on the very day to:
(Muahahhahax~ it's just for fun!)



Maybelline New York Blogger's Party - The Event
Curious Teepee is a great place to hang out! Spacious, relaxing, nice atmosphere, natural lights coming in through the glass.. Love~ Maybelline team had all the goodies lined up on the table, viewable the moment we walked into Curious Teepee. Its a nice view, hence can't stop me from taking a pic of it! And the MUA's makeup table and his tools too! XD


Maybelline team's getting ready for presentations ^^, while we waiting for the other bloggers~


On mi table, I saw....


Food served was nice!! I love them all~ I even ordered a cappuccino at end of my meal^^



Showcase of Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream & The Challenge
During the showcase of the Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream, Julyen (MUA) was challenged to complete a basic makeup on model's face within 3 mins. He was apparently very excited about the challenge. lolx~
Julyen put on the BB Cream, face powder and drew eyeliner on model's eyes and at same time did a quick explaination on the products. Total time taken was 3mins 11secs! But of course, all these doesn't include time taken for putting on skincare/sunblock and point makeup.

All bloggers were then questioned "Normally, I take ___ mins to wear my makeup". They said it should include skincare and the makeup could be a full one.
Well, I wrote 1 hour. ^_^" Julyen asked me for my skincare & makeup routine. I raised an eyebrow at him when I mentioned about sunblock. (Hahhax~ Cos there's once I saw his post in FB that states we should spend a longer time putting on sunblock because we need to put on ALOT! Not sure if he gets my hint. kekex~)
In actual, I spend about 15mins putting on sunblock because after I put on a layer, I would dress myself, then put on another layer, I would blow my hair, then another layer, I will do something else.. lolx~ And thats why I could actually spend more than an hour to just do a full skincare routine+makeup. =p

After the survey, Maybelline team concluded that a person would spend an average of 3.5mins to put on her most basic makeup, which I agree. 3.5mins probably would have me ended up with just foundation+powder+eyebrow+lips done. (minus the skincare & sunblock portion. kekex~)


Later, the bloggers were split into 4 groups to challenge with each other and the group that has the shortest average time taken to finish their basic makeup wins. Winners get $100 Topshop vouchers! Wooo!
Na & me are out of this game as we already had our makeup on. =p~ So we sent Ah ru to compete. GO AH RU GO! hehehx~
However, our group didn't win in the end. We conclude that with more number of members in the group, will make the average time taken even shorter, in compare to a group that has lesser members. Sadly, our only got 3 while others has 4 or more. Oh well, all are in just for fun! ^^ (Anyways, I'm not even in this game in the first place! kekex~)
Congrats to the group that won! =D


We also had fun in taking pics! Left-Ah ru, Shuwen (her's sis), Na & mi! Using iphone to take
Here shows us posing with the Baby Lips Lip Balm! The lip balm prop is sho cute! Pretty colours too! ^^ 4 lipbalms for the 4 of us, just nice!
The Lipbalms comes in 01 Fresh Mint, 02 Mixed Berry, 03 Sweet Cherry, 04 Juicy Orange - (Website) - (YouTube)


Left-Mi alone with the 2 big BBs! - taken using Shuwen's iphone. Right-Ah ru & mi, using my Canon G12


Finale pic of all attendees. We are the BB Generation!!! *Roars* ^o^~


Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream SPF 26/PA+++ swatch & mini review
Below shows the swatch of Maybelline BB in Natural & Light shade.
The older version is the one that writes: Clear Smooth MINERALS Instant Skin Perfecting Cream (Light shade)
The newest version writes: Clear Smooth 8-in-1 Skin Transformer (Natural Shade)

Even though the difference, but they are both made using the same ingredients. Reason why is because Maybelline BB (old version) had been selling real good and so, they decided to launch another BB in a darker shade (Natural) to cater to customers with darker skins.

When I swatch, Natural seems to also fit my skintone, but I still prefer Light as I usually would oxidise foundations and end up with a darker shade on my skin.
Overall, the feel of the BB is light and a little watery. After application, it appear nude on my skin with a slight gloss finish. It is best for my everyday basic makeup, one that I do not need too much coverage and makes my skin looking natural and smooth. It still works best with powder ontop of it, as the finish is glossy which I don't really fancy much. I am more to the matte face kinda person ^^.


Complimentary from Maybelline
The goodies that they packed for each of us! With ♥♥♥
I received:
- Maybelline Clear Smooth BB SPF 26/PA+++ (in Natural & Light shades)
- Maybelline Clear Smooth SPF 18 Shine Free Face Powder (in Natural & Light shades)
- Maybelline Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
- Maybelline Pulse Perfection Waterproof Vibrating Mascara
- Maybelline Impact Express Smooth Felt Liner
- Maybelline Eyestudio Eyebrow Pencil (Brown)
- Maybelline Angelfit Brighten Up Blush (in Watermelon & Velvet Apricot)
- Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 Lip Balm (03 Sweet Cherry - Smoothing)
- Daiso Japan Cleansing Pad


They gave us the new Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm! Its so cool that we can get it before their launch! ^.^ (its was still april back then)
And this month, they have launched it! You could get them at Watsons now~ ^^
Look at the bag I paste in the pic, it pairs with the Baby Lips~ I'm loving mint/turquoise colours now~ ^.^v~



Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream Press Release




My OOTD taken @ Kbox
and that explains why my eye makeup is like almost gone cos this pic is taken at nearly 3am! =p~
ABBA gold print tee, Water colours Bubble pattern mini skirt, Black Pleather Oxford Highcut Heels: GMarket
High thigh white web stockings
: overseas
Mint Green & yellow stripes hardcover crossbag: MY DIARY (Far East Plaza) #04-52A


Once again, I thank Maybelline for inviting me to the party! And sponsoring me with the mentioned products. ^^


Price
Maybelline Clear Smooth B.B Cream SGD$16.90

Where to buy?
Watsons, Guardian, selected departmental stores and major supermarkets and hypermarkets.
List of Maybelline counters in Singapore with Beauty Advisors:
BHG Bugis
BHG Bishan Junction 8
BHG Clementi
BHG Tampines
Metro Causeway Point
Metro Compass Point
Metro City Square Mall
John Little Plaza Singapura
John Little Marina Square
John Little Jurong Point
OG Albert Complex
OG People's Park
Robinsons Centrepoint
Robinsons Raffles City
Wastons Ngee Ann City
Watsons Toa Payoh
Watsons Bugis Junction
Watsons Tampines
Watsons Parkway Parade
Watsons Jurong Point
Watsons Lot 1
Watsons West Mall
Watsons Compass Point
Watsons North Point
Guardian Marina Bay Sands
Guardian Clementi
Fairprice AMK Xtra
Fairprice Jurong Point Xtra
Fairprice NEX Mall
Fairprice Bedok Central 


Websites
Maybelline Singapore FB
Maybelline Singapore Youtube



Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)

Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by Maybelline Singapore to me for trial & review. I am not in anyway affiliated to the company. All photos & swatches are taken by myself & are true.

Comments