Review Part 2: Talika Lipocils Expert 28-day efficacy test (27 Sept - 24 Oct 2010)

Continued from the Part 1 REVIEW of Talika Lipocils Expert in 12 days (27 Sept - 8 Oct) 

Review of Talika Lipocils Expert in 28 days (27 Sept - 24 Oct)
Pictures always say a thousand words. So, you gota BELIEVE your eyes...
Note: The following pictures are genuine pics of my bare lashes before & after using Talika Lipocils Expert. No fake, no photoshop, no drugs... uhh.. Anyways, the pictures I'm going to post now ARE my real bare lashes and nothing else!!!

My first application of Talika Lipocils Expert was on Sept 27th. Here, I am comparing Sept 27 to Oct 23rd & Oct 24th. (1st day, 27th & 28th days)


So, is it alot of difference????? YES???
Some of you might think I am blaffing, so how about we now see the difference of Oct 7 & Oct 23-24??? (I picked Oct 7 as the lashes appeared clearer than Oct 8 in picture so its easier to compare)


Still see any differences??? Another 2 weeks later from my previous review, my lashes grew longer again. Amazing huh?
Now... Let's compare the first day & the 28th day.
SPOT THE DIFFERENCES.


Comparison of Oct 8 (left) & Oct 24 (right) lashes in SIDE VIEWS



Now that you had seen the pictures, let's move on to words... ^.^ (Don't get bored!)
Product Packaging Review

1. Silver screw metallic chrome cap with white metal-like tube
My say: Honestly, nice and classic design. Just like any mascara tube would look like. Only problem I had was when after I did my skincare regimen, my hands are a little oily. The product becomes really slippery in my hands and I had problem screwing the cap off.

2. Applicator - Spiral bristles with furry sponge tapered tip end
My say: My favourite is the tip of the applicator. Whenever I'm in rush, I will use the applicator tip to go round the lash roots and
brush my lashes in upwards motion without using the bristles part. The tip definitely had saved me alot of time for that as I find the brush is rather huge & wide. I had to be really careful in brushing my lashes with wide brushhead as my lashes tend to grow very near to my eyes.


Product Content Review
1. Yellowish-brown liquid gel

My say: Smooth to apply, absorb quickly except for the content that is on my lashes. I assume human hair absorbility rate is half the time slower than skin (?). Its a non-oily formula hence no oily or sticky feeling.
The smell is quite hard to describe as its not really pleasant nor unpleasant. I feel its more like a very natural kind of plant smell...
When content accidentally went into the eyes, there is veeeeeeery little sting or irrtation, bearable kind. When content is applied at the lash roots area, there is totally no stinging feel at all.
Unlike some products it stings alot even when its not applied yet.

2. 10 ml / 0.338oz content
My say: Content amount is sufficient for twice everyday, for more than 2 months usage.

3. Shelf life for 12 months
My say: Though its been labelled 12 months, we were told to only use it for 2 months and then discard it. (What a waste?) Although the product being all anti-bacteria, but it will still grow bacteria after a few months of usage due to in contact of air & water and maybe some of my eyecare product as well...


4. Ingredients
Aqua (water), Sodium Lactate, Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Sericin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol zdenat., Phosphatidycholine, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Dextran, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John's Wort) Extract, Pyrus Malus (apple) Fruit Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (horse Chestnut) Extract, Urtica Dioica (nettle) Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1, Methyparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.


My say: Nothing much to comment on, only thing I learnt from the speaker during Talika Bloggers event was that the content is anti-bacterial. It is good so that it will not do harmful things to our eyes and we won't go blind.


Usage Process Review
1. The application is simple. Lipocils Expert has a double applicator made of a mascara brush and a sponge applicator. Use the sponge applicator to apply the product on the eyelids, at the root of the lashes, then, use the brush to apply on your lashes. Apply every morning and every evening for 28 days, then once a day.
My say: I done similar to what that have taught to us. But on the first month, at times when I am super in rush or I turned forgetful, I will only use it once a day.
I use the product right after my skincare regimen and before I put sunblock when I'm going out. I will use the product last after my skincare before my sleep at night.

Lash Result Review

1. Talika's main objective - It is mentioned that by applying Talika Lipocils Expert on our lashes every morning & evening can lengthen them by 36% of our orginal lash length or 2.4mm longer.
My say: From the photos I can see that my lashes grow about >25% than my original lash length. However without a proper measuring equipment, I am not sure if I had actually hit the mark of additional 36% or 2.4mm lash length. But still, its so much longer than before, I am very happy in the lengthening effect. 


2. Talika's secondary objective - It says Color can be intensified by 50% of original
My say: Definitely yes! Infact, I find that my lashes had turn "Fatter" in another words, each individual lashes become more plump up, make my lashes look thicker and hence in overall, I see the lash colour become intensed than before. In the photos taken, I can visibly catch every strand of lash clearly, making my camera easier to focus on them when shooting it. (refer side view pics) The 50% mark, I think I had hit that.


3. Talika's secondary objective - Lash curve is 50% more than original
My say: Looking at how each lashes become longer & thicker, I feel that they might not be able to curl up much since the lashes become heavier than before. Probably the lash curve factor doesn't work much on people who have lash roots facing downwards and lashes growing in a straight line direction. Wherelse for people who are born with curly hair & lashes, they would likely to experience a better curl effect than me.
I must say that ever since the lashes grew longer and thicker, it kind of form a heavy curtain infront of my eyes. My eyes are droopy and the lash roots are facing downwards, which cause my vision to become a little blur at the upper area of my view because of the 'curtains'. I will mark the result <10% as it gets droopier everytime the lashes grew longer and thicker.
During the first 2 weeks when my lashes starts to grow, I find that they are a little curlier too. But as they continue to grow longer, they become straight. I assume that the product is still trying to make my lashes curl up but due to the weight, it couldn't, hence it helped only by maintaining it straight. Otherwise I think my lashes would curl downwards (sure gona look funny like tat! hhaax..) when the roots are not strong enough to withstand the weight...


[edit: added on 5 Nov]
4. Additional personal comments - Curled lashes without mascara
My say: I would usually curl my bare lashes during working days even though I don't apply any mascara. Reason being that I wanted my eyes to look a little more brighter with the lashes up. Before I use Talika Lipocils Expert, I had difficulty keeping my lashes stay curled for an hour. But now, the lashes stay curled up for whole day! I checked the mirror during toilet breaks and realise they are still curled after 8 hours without mascara! Great isn't it?!?!! =D

5.
Additional personal comments - Lashes fall out rate
My Say: I still experience lashes falling out during the lash treatment period. What awed me was, the lashes that fall out are those thick & long lashes! At a point, I was kind of scared that the treatment made the lashes dropped. But after a month of treatment, I reckon the fall out rate is common just like last time. Before I even use any lash treatment products, my lashes falls out quite often. Probably due to curling my lashes too much & too vigorously as well, and even on my working days where I didn't put any mascara.
After having read that eyebrow and eyelash are on fast cycle but slower growth rate than the hair, I am much convinced that the no. of lashes I lost are pretty normal. Even with the fall outs, i still find my lashes becoming denser, longer & thicker so the problem no longer worries me.
[/edit]


Where to buy?
Talika Lipocils Expert can now be purchased at these outlets
Each selling @ SGD $89 / 10ml


CONTEST
A Lucky reader of the winning blogger will walk away with $120 worth of Talika Prizes!!
1. Talika Eye Detox Treatment
2. $50 The Spa-Lon Facial/Body Treatment
Join the contest by sharing with me: 1 of your lash treatment product that you bought. How do you use it and why you like or hate it. ^_^
For those who never use any lash treatment product before, you can share with me: How do you take care of your current lashes?

I will select one of my most liked comment and email the winner. Remember to put down your email address if you are not a onsugar user! ^___^v~

ADDITIONAL GIVEAWAY

The same Lucky reader will win additional little gift from me~ (What's in it? Secret for now~ =p)
So what are you waiting for??? Comment now! ^o^v~
You can comment as many times as you like with the eyelash care tips =)


Brought to you lovingly by www.cozycot.com

Till then! Cheers! (●♡●)
Product names written and coloured in turquoise were given by CozyCot, The Spa-Lon & Talika Singapore to me for trial.

Comments